Progressive values vs traditional liberal values

Waiting for your run for the House Milker.

Everybody’s accountable for what they say though, to some extent. Unless you totally don’t care what people think, but then the implication is you’re not engaging in good faith communication in that context.

1 Like

You’ll be waiting a long time. I have no interest in stumbling into that den of iniquity.

If good people dont run for office how does the govt improve?

To wit, weren’t you talking about joining AOC’s staff?

I live in Jersey! Fulop is a good mayor actually. Id work for him if any politician. Was actually arranging block clean ups till wil got locked down. Murphy is much better than Christie as gov.

1 Like

He’s a handsome devil in any case.

Ha. He looks like Jim Carey according to my kids. He’s a good person actually; he’d be an example of traditional liberal values done properly. He administers JC pretty well.

Why do you think that’s ridiculous? I don’t think I’m the only one who associates right wing with a obsessive focus on PC culture as a criticism of the left.

1 Like

People all across the political spectrum dislike PC culture. Don’t tell me you’re a fan.

2 Likes

Most people don’t like voter fraud either. It’s a matter of whether or not you think it’s widespread and something we should focus on as a priority. I don’t like it sometimes but it’s easy for me to ignore.

I’d much rather focus on income inequality, poverty, affordable healthcare. Those are much more important than PC culture or almost non-existent voter fraud.

1 Like

Careful. A statement like this could get you pegged as a right-winger.

Hmm that doesn’t make any sense. I fit the liberal bill pretty clearly by American standards. I have no issue with that label.

1 Like

Wait…so you are a fan of PC culture?

Indifferent. Apathetic. Neither a fan nor an opponent. I don’t think I hold many absolutist views. If a transgender person wants to be identified by the gender they identify with I have no issue with that. Or any other myriad of complaints of PC culture typically don’t bother me.

1 Like

@Malasang88, right-winger. Welcome to the club, buddy! :grin:

Ha! Maybe in Denmark. I don’t think they’d even let me in the door in the US

1 Like

Me neither. I wouldn’t last a minute in some right-wing enclave, wherever they are. My pro-abortion stance alone would get me thrown out on my ass.

2 Likes

Oddly enough, me voting for only democrat so far would probably make be a left wing liberal snow flake to right wingers. But I guess for @Malasang88, my dislike for aggressive PC culture makes me a right winger.

Labels are so useful lol.

What to know a secret? Obama is my favorite President. And the only one I’ve voted for. Yet I’m sure some posters here will still protest that I’m clearly a right winger. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Now now let’s not twist my words. Clearly there is not one single criteria that can define someone as right wing or not. I listed trends because Milker didn’t want to list his beliefs. But at the end of the day it’s all subjective.
I know you’re libertarian. We’ve had that conversation. In my opinion libertarians are basically conservatives without all of the social/religious identity politics stuff. To me, the GOP is based on the two camps of Christian conservatives and libertarians. If they were somehow able to get rid of the fanatical religious piece they might be able to a wider swath of voters and expand their demographics a bit.

1 Like