Progressives shut down burrito shop because owners aren't Mexican

At this rate non Taiwanese will not be allowed to buy bubble tea in a few years

Only Chinese and Taiwanese students would queue for the bubble tea in London. I almost never saw any non-mongoloid person had it.

2 Likes

How much is Boba in Londonā€¦ Like 4 Pounds?

4 Likes

I donā€™t love bubble tea, but I like it enough Iā€™d queue for it if I hadnā€™t had it in like a year (that is, if it was actually GOOD bubble tea, and not the powdered taro, soy milk shit that white hipsters usually sell in pop-up shops).

4-5.

I had it once there. It tasted mostly the same (there are Coco, Chatime, and Yi Fang in London, probably more) but it was like 4 times more expensive.

3 Likes

Gong Cha is okay and Iā€™ve seen it in Sydneyā€¦

Jacked up prices of course.

I donā€™t drink it even here but yeah in London I think itā€™s around or just under a fiver. Well I never factored in the amount of Taiwanese students in London. I just couldnā€™t imagine rich house wives in Hampstead getting stuck into a bubble tea

They are all near Leicester Square (Chinatown).

1 Like

I went to the one there called bubbleology or something like that. I saw a lot of non Asians there.

1 Like

Makes sense, to be in that area. Yeah that is right up next to China Town (I like Londonā€™s China Town). I havenā€™t been back for two years to London , but I noticed one in Notting Hill, probably cause thatā€™s kind of close to some famous universities, Kings College is one I think. I also noticed a Taiwan beef noodle shop that was hyper expensive.

You could open one in Italy.

I think thereā€™s one in Milan. Thereā€™s china town in a town called Prato and they have a few. But the town is basically all Chinese immigrants, really interesting m.

1 Like

Iā€™ve read about places like that.

The signs in prato all have Chinese and many ads done even bother having Italian lol. Theyā€™ve done quite well for themselves. I see them driving nice BMWs and MB.

2 Likes

same here, i had some taro milk tea or somethingā€¦ kinda different to what you get here which is usually taro and milk and is more white than purple.

1 Like

I donā€™t think this is an appropriate word to use.

1 Like

It wasnā€™t bad at all. They have many different kinds. I was told it was extremely popular for a few years and since died down a bit.

Shut down his tea shop! He racks linguistic discirprin!

1 Like

Taro is real cheap in the UK itā€™s kind of the thing that only vegans and real poor north Eastern people eat :thinking:

2 Likes

Notting Hill is not close to Kingā€™s and itā€™s like the whitest neighbourhood ever. Kingā€™s is near Covent Garden.