Prostitution to END In Britain!

They want to remove the word from the Law Books.[quote]
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain is proposing to remove the term “prostitute” from the criminal statutes because it carries too much stigma.[/quote]
:bravo:
If you can’t beat make it legal for the gals who think they “should be getting paid for it anyway.”

Are poor and/or single mothers supposed to cheer?
“Well, don’t fret, me wee ones. Mummsy can sell a bonk or three to pay the rent.”
news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070628/od_ … stitute_dc
jdspidersensetingling

Legalize it.

There’s a reason its known as “The Worlds Oldest Profession.”

I agree. Legalize it. Make it safer for the girls and maybe it will even reduce the amount of influence pimps have.

How will this work again?

Legalize it so it can be taxed. Heheheh, pun intended.

It seems they’ve tightened up the law. I believe prostitution itself wasn’t illegal but many things associated with it are: solicitation, kerb crawling, one than one woman at an address constitutes a brothel etc…

Sex sells.

Tax that ass.

How will this work again?[/quote]

What do you mean, JD? Do you not think that, on balance, making prostitution illegal increases the dangers that prostitutes face/the power that pimps have over them?

craiglist is the biggest pimp right now

london.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/pe … tegory=ers

JD,

When it’s illegal, prostitutes have no one to turn to for protection but pimps. Make it fully legal. Make brothels legal. Prostitutes who are abused can then turn to the law for protection.

How will this work again?[/quote]

What do you mean, JD? Do you not think that, on balance, making prostitution illegal increases the dangers that prostitutes face/the power that pimps have over them?[/quote]
I think that the less scrupulous of us menfolk might actually take advantage of a stipulation such as this in the law, whether they pimps, boyfriends or husbands, sons, daughters or bullyish lesbians.

I would approach this Bill carefully.

I wonder if there would be an increase in the reported cases of alcoholism and addiction to prescription upers and downers by men following this law. :rainbow:

[quote]
When it’s illegal, prostitutes have no one to turn to for protection but pimps. Make it fully legal. Make brothels legal. Prostitutes who are abused can then turn to the law for protection.[/quote]
They can’t do that now?

Funny this topic came up. I recently was ranting to myself about how prostitution should be legal. It’s my belief that not only would it have a positive effect on prostitutes in general, it may also have a positive effect on women who are not prostitutes.

My rant basically went on about how because no simple cash transaction exists to get sexual services, one (male or female) must go through a lot more steps to eventually treat some one like a prostitute if sex is all they were after.

Steps like club fees, drinks, dates, etc. That could all be money that goes directly into a hos pocket. I’m sure some like going through those steps, but I also know some don’t.

Legalized prostitution may prevent some women from getting “loved” and left.

I’ve also read that Australia is doing some cool stuff about prostitution. Worth looking into if the topic is of real interest to ya.

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote]
When it’s illegal, prostitutes have no one to turn to for protection but pimps. Make it fully legal. Make brothels legal. Prostitutes who are abused can then turn to the law for protection.[/quote]
They can’t do that now?[/quote]

Not if they don’t want to subject themselves to potential arrest and imprisonment.

[quote=“miltownkid”]My rant basically went on about how because no simple cash transaction exists to get sexual services, one (male or female) must go through a lot more steps to eventually treat some one like a prostitute if sex is all they were after.

Steps like club fees, drinks, dates, etc. That could all be money that goes directly into a hos pocket. I’m sure some like going through those steps, but I also know some don’t.

Legalized prostitution may prevent some women from getting “loved” and left.[/quote]

Both good points. Also keep in mind that a man may end up spending a good $200 on a woman (nice restaurant, good bottle or two of wine, etc.) and still not get satisfaction at the end. Now if he’s looking for a real relationship, that shouldn’t be a problem, but if he’s just looking for err, instant gratification, he can head over to the brothel where he’ll know he gets what he’s paying for.

And as you say, this is good for women too because it will help filter out guys only looking for sex. That’s a very unique twist on the issue.

Thanks. I even wrote it my notebook when it hit me because I never heard that one before, but it seemed like something that would be of interest to all parties because it effects women that are not prostitutes (mothers, sisters, daughters, friends, etc.)