Protest against the Diverse Formation of Family Union Law

Any news on how many brainwashed sheeple showed up in front of the Executive Yuan today?

WTF??!!

5,000 Years of Culture :doh:
A man shows up at a rally against same-sex marriage in Nazi uniform in Taipei yesterday. “I’m against homosexuality, and the Nazis are also against homosexuality, that’s why I’m taking part in the rally with this uniform on,” he said. “I don’t care if I’m criticized, because whoever attacks me would be attacked in turn.”

[quote=“shiadoa”]WTF??!!

A man shows up at a rally against same-sex marriage in Nazi uniform in Taipei yesterday. “I’m against homosexuality, and the Nazis are also against homosexuality, that’s why I’m taking part in the rally with this uniform on,” he said. “I don’t care if I’m criticized, because whoever attacks me would be attacked in turn.”[/quote]

Lets get a couple of Jewish homosexuals to show up at the next gay pride day as Japanese soldiers circa Nanjing.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”][quote=“shiadoa”]WTF??!!

A man shows up at a rally against same-sex marriage in Nazi uniform in Taipei yesterday. “I’m against homosexuality, and the Nazis are also against homosexuality, that’s why I’m taking part in the rally with this uniform on,” he said. “I don’t care if I’m criticized, because whoever attacks me would be attacked in turn.”[/quote]

Lets get a couple of Jewish homosexuals to show up at the next gay pride day as Japanese soldiers circa Nanjing.[/quote]

Can’t you guys see this is a gay guy protesting the protestors?

You can see the protestors behind him running away and giggling.

So, how many people did this distinguished and progressive movemen, which apparently needs to equate homosexuality with zoophilia and pedophilia for lack of better arguments, manage to bring out?

:loco:
Not sure ! Taiwan never ceases to amaze me . Just unbelievable sometimes.

That is what I thought at first, I thought he was trolling…

Until I saw his Facebook page, it is filled with Nazi worship, and had photos of him in Nazi uniform before Saturday’s protest, he IS serious :noway:

[quote=“Charlie Phillips”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”][quote=“shiadoa”]WTF??!!

Lets get a couple of Jewish homosexuals to show up at the next gay pride day as Japanese soldiers circa Nanjing.[/quote]

You can see the protestors behind him running away and giggling.[/quote]

[quote=“Charlie Phillips”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”][quote=“shiadoa”]WTF??!

You can see the protestors behind him running away and giggling.[/quote]

No, apparently this guy is for real…apparently he posted further comments: facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … fid=18&_ft

Also, some video starting to appear. Protesters were forming circles around gays who were protesting against the protest, not allowing them to leave etc. No clear police presence, although apparently some victims were shouting for help.

youtu.be/R-oGGYhbrrw

Link

I am completely disgusted by this. What a bunch of backwards yokels. Let’s troll bomb the politicos webpages:

Chinese Nationalist Party (KMT) Legislator Lai Shyh-bao (賴士葆)

KMT Legislator Ting Shou-chung (丁守中)

For those of you who missed the event this weekend, J Michael Cole (first link) and Ketty Chen (second link) have been doing some terrific blogging about the protests over the proposed revisions to Article 972.

fareasternpotato.blogspot.tw/201 … atred.html

theparticipantobserverblog.blogs … r-sun.html

Both writers underline how this event was utterly unlike any protest they’ve attended in Taiwan over the years. They also provide some photos and video links showing protesters systematically behaving in ways that politely might be called “unusual” or “illiberal” and more directly might be called “outrageous.” Enough!

Guy

Has anyone told the uniform kid that

1. Adding Top Gun-style sunglasses to an outfit does not make you look ‘straight’.
  2. He’s too short and skinny to dress up as an executive agent of the master race. He needs to work out. Maybe add heels.
  3. HE’S NOT ARYAN. Nazis would have considered him subhuman and murdered him whether he ‘supported’ them or not.
  4. It’s all a bit too ‘Cabaret’ for political protest.

That dude is just sad…

I would say deluded and stupid.

70-80% of Taiwanese support the death penalty, 70-80% oppose decriminalising adultery hence the masses of people marching against gay marriage should not exactly come as a surprise. Oh poor liberal expats…wake up and leave the liberal Western-worship bubbles of your so called local circles of friends. Taiwan’s society is homophobic, xenophobic and deeply reactionary and the average Taiwanese is definitely not the kind of democracy and freedom loving person you might seem him or her as.

“Ketty” Chen’s blog entry is hilarious though.

Referring to the anti-972 protest she complains:

Pro-Green/DPP/TSU/etc. have done that for years. Where is the outrage of “Ketty” (what is a Ketty anyways?).

Have a look at this beautiful example directly from the DPP’s European front group.

But it gets even better, “Ketty” adds an interesting twist:

[quote]As soon as I said that, a middle-aged woman also with the “Order Maintenance Squad” sticker on her arm said to me loudly in Mandarin, “You need to speak Chinese here!”

Upon hearing the strange demand, I turned and around and asked, “I know how to speak Mandarin, but why shouldn’t I use my first language to communicate?”

She raised her voice even more and said, “You are Chinese! You speak Chinese!”

“No, I’m not Chinese, I am Taiwanese!” I could hear myself getting louder, too.

“No, you are in China, you speak Chinese!” she responded.

“No! We are in Taiwan, we are not in China! What the hell are you talking about?” I looked her straight in the eye and said loudly in which I find her slowly backing away.[/quote]

Dear “Ketty” now makes this an issue of green/blue politics. As if anti-972 protesters were Waishengren KMT agents while the righteous green pro-independence supporting Taiwanese defended the rights of gay people. Ridiculous. The “Ketty” must have had a truly exciting day at the protest though and felt overly righteous about herself bravely defending Taiwan! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Fun fact: the green holiness Lee Teng-hui himself opposed gay marriage in a public statement on 11/30/2013. http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_content.php?id=2357097

One just has to attend a DPP rally to see this. :laughing: But then, in the eyes of the liberal expat, it’s a cute localism :laughing:

I don’t understand the schadenfreude. Must be some personal axes to grind… :laughing:

It’s not just the DPP - these things cut pretty broadly across most of Taiwanese society, blue and green. It only takes 10min talking to your neighbors to hear about 10 different bizarre attitudes even from supposedly educated people. The more wealthy and educated, the more they are convinced they’re right. :laughing:

[quote=“hsinhai78”]70-80% of Taiwanese support the death penalty, 70-80% oppose decriminalising adultery hence the masses of people marching against gay marriage should not exactly come as a surprise. Oh poor liberal expats…wake up and leave the liberal Western-worship bubbles of your so called local circles of friends. Taiwan’s society is homophobic, xenophobic and deeply reactionary and the average Taiwanese is definitely not the kind of democracy and freedom loving person you might seem him or her as.

“Ketty” Chen’s blog entry is hilarious though.

Referring to the anti-972 protest she complains:

Pro-Green/DPP/TSU/etc. have done that for years. Where is the outrage of “Ketty” (what is a Ketty anyways?).

Have a look at this beautiful example directly from the DPP’s European front group.

But it gets even better, “Ketty” adds an interesting twist:

[quote]As soon as I said that, a middle-aged woman also with the “Order Maintenance Squad” sticker on her arm said to me loudly in Mandarin, “You need to speak Chinese here!”

Upon hearing the strange demand, I turned and around and asked, “I know how to speak Mandarin, but why shouldn’t I use my first language to communicate?”

She raised her voice even more and said, “You are Chinese! You speak Chinese!”

“No, I’m not Chinese, I am Taiwanese!” I could hear myself getting louder, too.

“No, you are in China, you speak Chinese!” she responded.

“No! We are in Taiwan, we are not in China! What the hell are you talking about?” I looked her straight in the eye and said loudly in which I find her slowly backing away.[/quote]

Dear “Ketty” now makes this an issue of green/blue politics. As if anti-972 protesters were Waishengren KMT agents while the righteous green pro-independence supporting Taiwanese defended the rights of gay people. Ridiculous. The “Ketty” must have had a truly exciting day at the protest though and felt overly righteous about herself bravely defending Taiwan! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Fun fact: the green holiness Lee Teng-hui himself opposed gay marriage in a public statement on 11/30/2013. http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_content.php?id=2357097[/quote]

70–80% of Taiwanese people are dicks. What’s your point, exactly? Do you think this new information for expats? Very few of us thought we’d washed up somewhere socially pleasant, although Taiwan has a lot of other things going for it.

The important point is that this shit has absolutely no impact on anyone other than the other 20–30%, which is sad. Some uneducated thick kid can dress up in that uniform and it has almost no effect because Taiwan leaves no footprint in the world anymore. It’s almost sad that this kid thinks he is being contentious rather than pitiful.

It’s not in any way surprising or noteworthy to expats. We can certainly shake our heads and laugh at these people on the internet though, surely?

[quote=“Elegua”]I don’t understand the schadenfreude. Must be some personal axes to grind… :laughing:

It’s not just the DPP - these things cut pretty broadly across most of Taiwanese society, blue and green. It only takes 10min talking to your neighbors to hear about 10 different bizarre attitudes even from supposedly educated people. The more wealthy and educated, the more they are convinced they’re right. :laughing:[/quote]

Broadly across most of Taiwan society? Do you feel the same about the US on this issue? Because based on posts on here and other Taiwan sites (e.g., users such as Chris) you would think that opposition to gay marriage was only coming from right wing Republicans. When, in fact, left leaning union households, the African American community (lots of pastors very much against gay marriage), and supposedly liberal states (Hawaii) are quite intolerant. I was surprised, while vacation in Hawaii recently, when the gay marriage bill passed both the legislature and was signed into law, that the opposition was not coming as much from Republicans (who have one state senator in largely Democratic Party run Hawaii) but from the Democratic Party evangelicals and Democratic Party voters.

everyone brings their kids to a rally, what’s the big deal, who’s gonna take care of the kid when the entire family is out on the street protesting? by the way, that’s a picture of people on the street holding hands in remembrance of the 228 massacre showing that all ethnicities can now be in union, what a horrible thing to bring a kid :ponder:

yeah, every body, and some parents went to shave their kids head just so they can write anti-A-bian messages on his scalp.

That said, the differences between bringing a kid to a Taiwan’s self-determination rally and a Anti-homosexual marriage rally is that a kid can decide whether he/she wants self-determination for Taiwan or not in the future, but he/she has no choice in deciding whether or not to be gay. It is very cruel for those parents to bring their children to the rally, who are possibly gay, but too young to realize.

[quote=“ChewDawg”][quote=“Elegua”]I don’t understand the schadenfreude. Must be some personal axes to grind… :laughing:

It’s not just the DPP - these things cut pretty broadly across most of Taiwanese society, blue and green. It only takes 10min talking to your neighbors to hear about 10 different bizarre attitudes even from supposedly educated people. The more wealthy and educated, the more they are convinced they’re right. :laughing:[/quote]

Broadly across most of Taiwan society? Do you feel the same about the US on this issue? Because based on posts on here and other Taiwan sites (e.g., users such as Chris) you would think that opposition to gay marriage was only coming from right wing Republicans. When, in fact, left leaning union households, the African American community (lots of pastors very much against gay marriage), and supposedly liberal states (Hawaii) are quite intolerant. I was surprised, while vacation in Hawaii recently, when the gay marriage bill passed both the legislature and was signed into law, that the opposition was not coming as much from Republicans (who have one state senator in largely Democratic Party run Hawaii) but from the Democratic Party evangelicals and Democratic Party voters.[/quote]

I’m not following you. In my mind it’s less a political “color” issue and more a religious issue, especially in societies where evangelical forms are prevalent. Much of Taiwanese society both Green and Blue have remarkably unprogressive views that are not linked to their political views. Has it ever been otherwise?