Psycho Xiaojies: A warning from history!

Yes it’s fun to watch as simple minds turn: “I had this experience with a woman” neatly into “All women do that all the time!”[/quote]

but the title says!

If this woman is truly deranged, I would not put it past her to move the dog to relatives or to even kill it out of spite. If she knows you want it that bad and you pull a legal move on her, she won’t take that lightly. When I read her work would be informed, I thought, the shit will really hit the fan.
It could well get even more interesting. It’s a shame you couldn’t have had someone arrange for the dog to be ‘rescued’ first.

Do keep us posted.

[quote=“adamu_kun”]
I think the key take away from this story for me is that I’ll never leave anything that I want to keep anywhere where a partner lives ever again. Call me paranoid if you like, but I don’t want this to happen again (unless of course it’s my own place where said woman is staying, then it’s totally different).[/quote]

That is the smartest lesson of all. Learned that when I was a youngin’.

Maybe I have trust issues (but its from being burned) I always have an escape plan ironed out where my most precious possessions come with me. Clothes can be replaced, thats not a big deal. But my dog, digital data (stored on 2 separate computers and 2 separate hard drives) would be in the car with me before any woman would even know I was leaving for sure. Thats why god invented text messages. You need to have a safe house already lined up you can go to, in a flash, no matter what (mine is a buddy’s house…a few actually) and a lump of money stashed that you NEVER EVER EVER touch.

Just in case. You never know, especially as a stranger in a strange land.

I’m not sure about getting the dog back, I once saw a Judge Judy episode with a similar case. And she decided that the material stuff had to go back or needed to be paid for. But the dog, since it had now lived there for long time and considered them as his new ‘home’. Judge Judy decided that dog would stay with current owner. And it was only like 6 months, in your case it’s over two years. So I would not get my hopes up on the dog.

Good advice for a bad world.

It has been more than two months, what happened to the OP? Have you gotten all your stuff and the dog back? I’m just curious, I enjoyed reading this thread, I mean it’s entertaining.

Not just limited to Taiwan:

Japanese media said Saito allegedly told authorities that she killed Vollweiler because she did not want to end their relationship and that she “stabbed a man I was dating with a knife, aiming at his right neck,” Japanese broadcaster TBS reported according to Stars and Stripes.
https://www.foxnews.com/world/japanese-woman-arrested-in-connection-to-stabbing-death-of-us-airman

Dude, not just limited to Asia. There’s plenty of psycho women (and men) anywhere you go in the world. Didn’t anyone see ‘Gone Girl’?

I honestly feel like women in Taiwan are less likely to go full psycho on you compared to at least the US.

1 Like

Yeah psychos abound the world over, really…

Most of the time there’s some red flags relatively early on.

Yeah the whole concept of this thread seems a bit racist (“look at these psychotic Taiwanese chicks? Aren’t they crazy here? Amirite, my fellow western dudez??”)

Definitely not the best thread concept, but that’s forumosa for ya…

If you’re gonna come over and date across cultures and potentially across a language barrier, you run the risk of misunderstanding what kind of person you’re really running with until it’s too late. I get that. I’ve made that mistake before.

But I just don’t believe that you can’t pick up on any bad signs whatsoever, you know what I mean? After a certain point it just falls to you and your horrible sense of perception…

1 Like

Completely agree. As an example, I always find it funny when I meet this local bloke who goes off about his multiple ex-wives. I think getting divorced once means you had bad luck. But if you’re divorced two or three times, then it means you’re either really bad at judging people, or the problem is you.

2 Likes

Very good movie.

It’s extremely overrated.

Misery would be a better example. Or Fatal Attraction.

Fair enough.

Not just cross culture and not just girls. Seems I see in the news quite often here a boy who’s jaded and kills his gf/ex gf. Wasn’t that the case of the guy who chopped his gf into pieces and buried her in the garden? Or the kid visiting Taiwan from HK with his gf, killed her, stuffed her in her own suitcase and left her behind an mrt station?

Oh yeah no kidding. I just didn’t feel a need to mention all the crazy killer boyfriends here since that kind of violence occurs everywhere, really.

It’s not uncommon to hear about couples killing each other in local news in the states. They happen to0 frequently to make much national headlines. Taiwan is a relatively small island, anything happening gets sensationalized in the news and dragged on with as much details as they develop.

If one shooting happened in Taipei it would be on the news for weeks, maybe months depending the on circumstance. In Chicago, it’s like a side story, yeah 15 more people got shot last nigh…on to the main story.

I gotta read this, everything.

I could tell a lot about my ex, and her mum, the realest psycho xiaojies out there, but better be quiet (for now). Ex actually needs professional help, but everyone around her in taiwan pretend she is ok. Is sad, but hey this is chinese culture. What can be done about it? Nothing