Puberty Blockers Might Not Be A Great Idea

We’ve gotten clinically lazy.

Mental health should be about helping people accept reality. Not bending everyone else’s reality to fit into someone suffering from mental health issues.

7 Likes

Obesity is an interesting aspect. I hadn’t considered that.

Interesting possibility. Of course the chances of anybody getting funded to do some serious research on it, and getting the results published, are basically zero.

Apparently most of the patients are girls, though. What on earth is going on there?

You can convince kids of virtually anything. I’m sure being immersed in a society completely obsessed with gender, sex, and related matters (and paying less and less attention to more mundane things) gets them hyper-focused on something that they really just need to muddle through the same as the rest of us did.

3 Likes

I think it compounds as overweight kids tend of struggle more socially and I believe I read they also suffer more from depression and anxiety.

2 Likes

I’ve been hearing a lot about kids being on puberty blockers recently.

Not for the reason they are in the west.

Because they are short.

After puberty, there isn’t much increase in height. Kids are apparently going through puberty earlier than in the past which means they haven’t had time to grow. So doctors give kids hormones to delay puberty. This apparently gives the kids an extra year or so to keep growing and gain an extra few inches.

On the face of it, it makes sense and if the doctor decides it is needed, then fair enough.

However, my daughter dances with five other kids. Three out the five are taking these injections. Seems like doctors are more than willing to prescribe them

Because tall is so important. :roll_eyes:

Taiwan should do more trade with Ecuador. They’d feel taller then, I bet. :rofl:

According to this post what Ecuador lacks in size, they make up for in … size

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/from-mvdis-website/235567/41?u=shaun008

2 Likes

Don’t block that!

1 Like

Wow, haven’t heard of that.