Public Opinion on Dante Coffee and Mr. Brown Coffee

Undrinkable drek the both of them, demolish all of their shops immediately. No dust covers or safety barriers, just bring in the wreckers today.

Although the new generation of hipster cafes are only a slight improvement. They have the look, just not the goods. Latest trend, insert the word cold brew into your cafe’s title.

FYI the one in Berkeley closed months ago. There always seemed to be a line too.

The Korean owned chain Paris Baguette is better.

1 Like

What is it with this cold brew shit?

I’m just back from Wellywood a bastion of cafe culture and there is zero cold brewing going on down there.

On another note; ordered a flat white from Louisa a while ago and they queried my choice, asking if I really wanted such a small coffee? :wall:

1 Like

I quite like flat white coffee from bucks but I can’t drink coffee anymore so that’s out

Well it works for the cafe. They get to put together a batch the night before, then just pour it out when the hapless customer orders it during the day. So they can spend more time on facebook and line. The one near me doesn’t even have a full size espresso machine, just a Rocket home machine sitting there on the counter, so not only is he saving on labour, he doesn’t have to run a 20 amp power monster espresso machine all day.

Oh and it costs more than an Americano…

It’s really hard to do cold-brew well. It’s usually better to brew hot & strong, then add ice, or else do cold/ice drip, then dilute accordingly.

Got to love that, ‘Paris Baguette’ … in Paris!

Except there is no Paris baguette cafe in Paris or anywhere in France or Europe
Some Asian countries besides Korea has them and they are big i calif
They sell breads similar to 85 but the quality is better and the prices similar

Their cakes are awesome

It’s a Korean chain

The pun didn’t get through?

Apparently the bun did though

Those Koreans bake a mean kimchi baguette.

Kimchi.
Baguette.
Doesn’t work in the same sentence.

1 Like

Then why did you put them in the same sentence? :thinking:

Post edited and updated

1 Like

Too late. You can’t unbake a baguette. :grin:

1 Like

I can, it’s called ‘reverse baking’!

Cama is fine, like their coffee with the sea salt on top. Dante is average, Louisa best value for money.

but 85°C is pretty rough…always full of creepy chain-smokers, and the desserts are nasty

You need to come south a little. Here there’s “Donutes” (no idea how to pronounce it, not even trying, just play with the tones until something sticks. No, it’s not pronounced like the round deepfried pastry); this place makes 85 seem almost classy - smokers and beetlenut aficionados.

Donutes decor and seating is way nicer though.