Public Opinion on Dante Coffee and Mr. Brown Coffee

You should come south. Here there’s “Donutes,” (no, it’s not pronounced like that; you have to play with the tones until something sticks with your listner.) This place makes 85 seem classy. Smokers and beetle nut aficionados swear by its coffee.

I like the sea salt latte.

I disagree, the new one near me is nice and most customers are uni students (some smoke most do not). 85 near here has shut down. Aussie 85C looks better: http://85cafe.com.au/location/

1 Like

Fish roe baguette works… I can see kimchi.

Dante, Mr Brown, 85C are poor imitation of Starbucks. If I’m low on funds, I go there otherwise stick with the best

It’s new one in central KHH (Civic Centre) near my home, nice work desks on 2nd floor. I’d say it’s good place to work remote at cheap price.

2 Likes

Just what I feel about mentaiko baguette. And it is a best seller. But no.

Starbucks is the best? Are you on crack?!?

6 Likes

Yep Donutes has some of the nicest coffee shop locations in Taiwan. Taipei outlets suck cos usually too cramped and small.

1 Like

King Car owns a huge market share of food and beverage. They’re the people who make Kavalan whiskey and seem to be doing quite well for a relatively new whiskey distillery. I even saw Kavalan in Paris when I was there. I was surprised. People seem to like it, my friends now ask me to bring them one when I visit after I gave them a bottle.

1 Like

How is the noise level? That place looks quite nice. Really nice.

Donutes has bad coffee & desserts. Best to avoid it like the others.

Nobody mentioned Crowne?
They are my fave local coffee chain down Central and South. Unfortunately they closed most of their outlets in Taipei , rents are too high. Their cream puff pastries.:smile:

Taipei folks like to think Taipei has the best everything but when it comes to local coffeeshop chains and spacious convenience stores where you aren’t jammed up somebody’s arse, the South rocks…I really wish that it made sense to move there. Life is more comfortable there in many ways.

1 Like

Normal, like going to Starbucks. I went late night so less people inside and more take away orders. Coffee is ok, like Starbucks. a block away for NT$50 good drip coffee or long black I go here Redirecting.... There are so many good small shops but in general cost more but this one has a good price,

Opinions on OKlao ?

They have cheap to very expensive choices. Unusual chain.
Their gift pack ground coffee is actually really good !

Yeah, order a latte and put some ‘sea’ salt in it, bingo.

This sea salt all the things craze will not die.

1 Like

In the early eighties I worked in a copper electrolytic department of a huge non-ferrous metal company. We got to drink coffee spiked with salt because we lost really a lot of body fluid due to extreme heat of the acid baths.

2 Likes

Oklao is okay. It’s better than most of what has been recommended above, but I’d still go to Louisa for decent brewed coffee among the franchises.

Sea salt on caramel… yum

1 Like