Public Opinion on Dante Coffee and Mr. Brown Coffee

I also think it’s (Starbucks) not the best. But for me the value (cost) in Taiwan is poor. With lower labour costs (Taiwan NT$150 hr/ Los Angles NT$450 hr/ NZ $300hr) I would think it would cheaper in Taiwan but it’s not. ( I guess they have huge profits in Taiwan)

1 Like

King Car also sponsored some of the first foreign English teachers in public schools for a number of years. All the ones I met had been home-schooled their whole lives and few had degrees from accredited universities (if they had them at all), but it seems they ended that program. Not sure if it was King Car’s finances, the large quantity of teachers from non-English speaking countries, or enough parents complained about kids being taught to pray in public schools, but they are no more.

For those of us who can afford it, Starbucks is a suitable choice. To each his own.

1 Like

Anything decent at Starbucks is outside of the cup. Their cafés are comfortable and clean. That’s about it. Their smallest flavored lattes are the only things that don’t taste burnt, but they use a LOT of sugar and milk to achieve that. Their food items at least were not bad, but the last cinnamon bun we had there wasn’t very good. Perhaps it was just a bad batch.

1 Like

Starbucks is good if you can get a mocha mint latte.

I like Le Phare. The one in Bellavita is a very reliable place to get a seat

1 Like

Ooh posh.

Next you will be signing off

Guy

2 Likes

I think that’s why no one goes in there.

1 Like

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but an advisory for any fans of Vietnam travel/coffee.

I spoke to a coffee shop consultant once and he said what Starbucks has is location and customer experience. McDonald’s has a similar model.

1 Like

From my experience, coffee is good. The shops/stores if your going sit there are just ok, other coffee shops are better for dine in but for take away coffee it is good.

For those who are in Tainan, Donutes has opened a very nice shop (2 floors) on Simen road, by the roundabout (or big intersection) that leads to Chikan tower.

3 Likes

What do you guys think of the convenience store coffees? For my money, the Family Mart coffee (Le Cafe?) is far superior to the 7/11 coffee. And I’d choose it over some of the chains like Mr Brown as well.

1 Like

It’s an autoerotic fetish.

The newer ones ae nice!!

I also like family mart, but no espresso

1 Like

I only drink convenience store coffee if I am really desperate.

I went to the Mr Brown in Taipei Arena once and was shocked by the unjustified price. Same goes for Starbucks.

If I have to choose between Louisa and Cama, I think I prefer Louisa. But I often decide based on past experience. If the staff is unfriendly, I won’t go there again.

Unicofa is so so.

I kind of like Felice. The stuff is always friendly.

Two Cents is OK. They remember me and know what I want to order.

Dante and Ikari are not places that attract me for some reason. I’d rather go to an no-chain one if I want to hang out there.

Around Daan Station I like to get my caffeine fix from the Two Bros. Tiny coffee counter; the two bros are super friendly and the coffee is A-ok.

3 Likes

Try Donutes (Newer shops are better), coffee is NT$55. Just bit more than Lousia and the newer stores are nice with nice baked good too as nice seating areas.

2 Likes

I think I never tried family mart of 7 11 or probably too long ago to remember, never tried Mr brown either since there is no shop where I live, but last time I bought this in PX mart:

I liked this coffee, I thought it was as good as the Yirgacheffe from Louisa or Cama.

1 Like

It’s always a toss up between Donutes and Crowne isn’t it.
Personally I’m a a Crowne man

Taipei denizens getting all confused right about now.

1 Like

Donutes, no question.

The ones in the south are better, bigger, more equipped.

1 Like