Puerto Galera, Phillipines?

Well its that time again. Time for a visa run and the destination is pending on the phillipines. We have been to thailand and the other usual hot spots so now we are looking for a new place. We heard that peurto galera is pretty nice and they have good diving. Anybody been there and can give some recommendations on cheap places to stay and good dive shops? Thanks!! :sunglasses:

I’ve been to Puerto Galera three times and the actual place you want to go is Sabang, about 30 minutes by land from PG. Don’t take the land route because it’s a jeepney or a tryke and both are very uncomfortable and slow!

If you’ve never done this before, you should send me a pm. because it’s a little complicated, unless you have talked to someone who has been there.

The diving is good from what I hear. Dive shops frickin’ everywhere! Try to book a hotel room at Villa Sabang or the Sabang Inn. They are right beside each other and the dive shops/access to the water is excellent.

I hope you realise Sabang does have some sex tourism, so as long as that doesn’t bother you, you’re all right. There’s a few good bars and lots of nice restaurants and tons of things to do if you’re adventurous.

Again, pm me for the finer details of the trip. It will make things a lot easier for you and you won’t have to learn the hard way. And be careful of the Taiwanese mission in Manila. It’s fine if you know what you’re doing, but if you’re a newbie to that city, it’s kind of difficult.