Pull Up Bar

Would anyone know where I can find a pull up/chin up bar in Taipei.
The kind that fits between the door frames through vaccum cups at both ends.

I tried Carrefour, RT Mart, and Costco, and they do not seem to have it.

Any help would be appreciated.[/spoiler][/list][/quote]

[quote=“Rohit”]Would anyone know where I can find a pull up/chin up bar in Taipei.
The kind that fits between the door frames through vaccum cups at both ends.

I tried Carrefour, RT Mart, and Costco, and they do not seem to have it.

Any help would be appreciated.[/spoiler][/list][/quote][/quote]

I just brought one back from Canada with me. But you’ll have a hard time finding the suction cup ones. Almost no one makes them anymore. Instead they have ones that even fit over the doorframe or screw into the doorframe. These can be hard to install in Taiwan as doorframes do not have much wood to them.

Thanks Mucha Man. I was not aware they had stopped making these things…it would have been pretty convenient.

The door frames are all wood in my apartment, but I dont think my landlord will take very kindly to using screws on the door frames.

You mentioned there is one that fits over the door frame. How does that work?
Can we get that here in Taipei somewhere? Could check it out.

[quote=“Rohit”]Thanks Muzha Man. I was not aware they had stopped making these things…it would have been pretty convenient.

The door frames are all wood in my apartment, but I don’t think my landlord will take very kindly to using screws on the door frames.

You mentioned there is one that fits over the door frame. How does that work?
Can we get that here in Taipei somewhere? Could check it out.[/quote]

I honestly don’t know how the doorframe ones work. I looked at them online and even at a sports shop in Canada but couldn’t figure it out which is why I went for the screw one. The one I got only needs one screw on each side. A suction cup then goes over it and the bar attaches to these. Would be minimal damage on doors and easy to fix afterwards.

But haven’t seen them around. I’ll keep my eyes open though.

try your local park…

I’ve been trying to find a pull-up bar that I can fit in my doorway without having to drill holes. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

A bit like this: amazon.com/Iron-Total-Upper- … 785&sr=8-2

I looked at bringing one back with me from canada but I don’t trust them on the weak frames and doors in taiwan.

goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21005266004220

Here you go.

I went ahead and got it but it turns out my door frame is too thick :frowning: I guess it’s not meant to be.

Formosa Fitness, do you know where I can find resistance bands with a door attachment? (like this: amazon.com/SPRI-ES502R-Resis … 010&sr=8-3). I found a few resistance bands (彈力繩), but I can’t find a door attachment to use so I can simulate pullups.

:notworthy:

I’ve never seen any here with a door attachment. I would say to just hang them off your pullup bar, but you say it won’t fit your doorframe. No sure what else you can do.

I’m looking at importing some stronger bands with a door attachment but i haven’t found the right ones yet.

Here you go!

tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/e42140428

Wait, I did have a link to a band with a door attachment. This link above isn’t it, but it’s close. Has the attachment.

Nice one, thank you, we just moved to house with plenty of space and was looking for dumbbells and pull up bar like this. Too hot to exercise in local school park, and mosquitoes hungry like they just wake up after Ice Age.