Put up or Shut up: Death cage; Hamas, Hezbollah, Syria, Iraq

Okay, i’ve been listening to all the neo-con posting here about stomping terrorists, smashing Islamofascism etc., and I’ve asked and asked without receiving a reply

So, what is to be done?
Fred, TC, Tigerman, Cheweycorns, jdsmith, and any other warhawks- what, specifically,
do you want to do?

Are you CRAZY :loco: MikeN . . . I pity the fool :wink: who asks a question like that to those guys. :wink:

Prepare for the onslaught . . .

Bodo

Go back and look at the threads leading up to the invasion of Iraq. :unamused:

BTW, I don’t recall reading any suggested course of action posted by you. :unamused:

I suggest more hugging.

What would you want done if you were them?

Get off their land, let them out of your prisons unless they’ve been given a fair trial, stop wantonly killing their people, cease your ethnic cleansing, dismantle the ghettos you’ve penned in, stop interfering in their governments.

Build an impenetrable barrier along fair lines separating both sides and move the 150,000 troops in Iraq there to enforce the separation.

Don’t take my word for it. Ask them if doing the above would solve the fundamental problems in the Middle East.

On the other hand, if you really want to take their land, pen them en masse in gulags and ghettos to suppress them, achieve ethnic cleansing, turn their countries into colonies, just keep doing what you’re doing. Just get on with it and stop insulting my intelligence by continually whining about the fact that I won’t support such putrid injustices.

That’s interesting, if I put myself in a Lebanese’s position, I’d want the dickhead miltia assholes to stop kidnapping the soldiers of out much stronger and prone to violence neighbor.I would also encourage all my family and friends to vote said asshole militia politicians out of office.

This group, and Hamas as well, are ruining their countries from within.

First up would be recognition of the damned obvious from all sides; violence simply does not work.

What has cemented Hezbollah’s rise in southern Lebanon? The vacuum created by successive Israeli invasions. What encourages Israeli invasions? The rise of Hezbollah? Israel has managed to tread water for eons now through sheer violence. I wonder about this calling up the reserves . . . again, wonder how good it is for business. What about the dispute with the Palestinians, how’s that fared after decades of violence . . any progress?

HG

hasn’t been a suicide bombing in a while…

Ah yes, by building a vertiable prison and crushing all economic activity. That’s a long-standing resolution, you think?

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Ah yes, by building a vertiable prison and crushing all economic activity. That’s a long-standing resolution, you think?

HG[/quote]

Dude, what do you want???

Open the wall so the Palestinians can make money, which will let in suicide bombers AND the some of the cash inflow will undoubtably end up in Hamas’ coffers.

[quote=“jdsmith”]That’s interesting, if I put myself in a Lebanese’s position, I’d want the dickhead miltia assholes to stop kidnapping the soldiers of out much stronger and prone to violence neighbor.I would also encourage all my family and friends to vote said asshole militia politicians out of office.

This group, and Hamas as well, are ruining their countries from within.[/quote]

Like I suggested, don’t take my word for it. Ask the Lebanese. Ask the Palestinians. Ask the Iraqi people. That’s the starting point and as far as I know that one simple first step to resolving the fundamental conflicts in the Middle East has never been taken.

I already suggested more picnics.

Try reading peoples posts before posting drunk @ 0307.
And to categorize me as a “warhawk” is just stupid.

[quote=“spook”][quote=“jdsmith”]That’s interesting, if I put myself in a Lebanese’s position, I’d want the dickhead miltia assholes to stop kidnapping the soldiers of out much stronger and prone to violence neighbor.I would also encourage all my family and friends to vote said asshole militia politicians out of office.

This group, and Hamas as well, are ruining their countries from within.[/quote]

Like I suggested, don’t take my word for it. Ask the Lebanese. Ask the Palestinians. Ask the Iraqi people. That’s the starting point and as far as I know that one simple first step to resolving the fundamental conflicts in the Middle East has never been taken.[/quote]

What’s the starting point?

What? The complete and utter destruction of Israel is the simple first step to resolving the fundamental conflicts in the Middle East? That step may not have yet been taken, but, its been attempted. And look where it got them all.

Sure, the complete and utter destruction of Israel would go a long way to settling and resolving the problem in the middle east… but, c’mon, I don’t think that’s a very good solution.

No, spook, the first step is not asking the Palestinians what they want. We know what they want, and they can’t have it.

The first step to really solving the problem is getting the Arabs, Iranians and Palestinians to accept Israel’s right to exist and to cease terrorism and warring against Israel. Only when that happens will there be a chance at a viable Palestinian state and real peace. Until they give up the sick fucking dream of bathing Israel in its own blood, there will be no peace.

I know!

Lets ask the UN to get Hezboallah to accept a ‘Cease Fire’…Thats the ticket!

You know what the majority of Palestinians, Lebanese and Iraqis really think but you’ve never asked them? I suppose that sort of willful insularity explains why neoconservatives had such ludicrously unrealistic expectations for post-invasion Iraq.

You know what the majority of Palestinians, Lebanese and Iraqis really think but you’ve never asked them? I suppose that sort of willful insularity explains why you have such ludicrously unrealistic expectations for solving the Israeli-Palestinian problem.

:stuck_out_tongue:

spook, what does it matter what the average Palestinians, Lebanese and Iraqis really think? Its the assholes intent on violence that matter, in terms of finding a resolution. They either give up on their dream of eliminating Israel or they get on with it and destroy Israel. The status quo ain’t working for anyone… except the UN beaurocrats and terrorist thugs.

Your concern as to what the majority of Palestinians, Lebanese and Iraqis really think is misplaced, not to mention wrong (because you don’t know what they think, either).

I don’t claim to know definitively what they think. My only claim is that I’m willing to listen to the other side because I’m sincerely interested in a just solution, not just the insincere appearance of one.

spook,

You are aware, are you not, that there is a segment of the Palestinian population, whether it is a majority or minority, that desires the elimination of Israel? To those folks, that is the only just solution.

Until that segment of the Palestinian population either agrees to accept Israel’s right to exist or gets on with destroying Israel once and for all, it really doesn’t matter what the folks who don’t want to kill think… does it? I mean, of course their opinions are valid… but, how is knowing what they want going to help anyone arrive at any just solution? Are the crazies in the destroy Israel segment of the population going to suddenly say, “hey, the majority of my Palestinian brethren agree to Israel’s right to exist… I guess I’ll lay down my weapons and ‘go with the flow’”? Or, what if that majority agrees that Israel should be wiped off the face of the planet? Will a just solution comply with the desire of the majority of Palestinians?

All this talk about who is to blame and who did what to who 50, 30, 10 years ago is useless, IMO, if you really want to find a just solution… or any solution.

Tigerman -
couldn’t agree more!
Just wanted to add - the Iranian president Ahmadinejad clearly stated he wants to “wipe Israel off the map”. Of course not every Palestinian/Lebanese/Iraqi/Irani wants Israel destroyed, but the ones who do are not a minority, and as in the Iranian case - they are heading their state!
Israel is not facing a terrorist threat, it is facing an existance threat, which it cannot overlook.
If you think Israel has no right to exist on its tiny peace of land, please suggest where do you expect all jews to go? Back to Europe? Maybe back to their arab-origin states? I bet they will be safe there… They are not welcome all over the world, and not even in their own country. Until the Arab world won’t acknowledge Israel as a fact in the Middle-East, you’ll never see peace there.
For your reference:
israel-wat.com/jewishrefugees_eng.htm
Hope they’ll come to there senses. Once Israel will be safe, the Middle-East will be peaceful.