QiGong, WingChun or BaGua in Taipei

Hi everyone,

I’m pretty new to Taipei and I would like to learn on of the 3 martial arts specified in the topic name.

I would prefer to study with a local which would be probably less expensive and more original. I do not mind if the courses are in Chinese.

The best would be to be close to YongChun station or around Guting~

Thanks to all of you :slight_smile:

:bow:

I’m also interested in these martial arts. Did you find anything, Ganlan?

I’m curious as to why you think studying with a “local” {whatever constitutes a local} would be more authentic and cheaper.

I’m doubly curious why cheapness is a factor when considering a martial art / master.

Cheapness and authenticity in my experience only coexist in such domains as third world street food and public transportation.

There is an absolutely spot on post in here somewhere by the Formosa Fitness chap [studying martial arts in Taiwan V.S. China] inferring that the best thing to do is study with a foreigner who has been right through the local mill and can subsequently teach you relatively more quickly and effectively {as I read it anyway}.
Find it and read it.

If you hadn’t already professed your cheapness, I could recommend myself or other local + foreign masters to you.

Time is money, and my local traditional martial arts education has cost me vast amounts of both.

Hello Ganlan,

Regarding Bagua instruction, I am starting a class in Taipei. I am an American with 20 years of training in Liang Style Baguazhang under 4th generation master Sui Yunjiang in Beijing. I have trained in Chinese martial arts for nearly 25 years and have taught both internal and external styles for 10 years. I recently moved to Taipei and am interested in teaching Bagua on Saturdays at Xinsheng park.

For more information, please email me a keverington@gmail.com.