Quantas or Air New Zealand?

I have the choice of flying back to England via HK with either Quantas or Air New Zealand. The price for both tickets is roughly the same, so all I have to do is just choose one. Has anybody flown on both airlines? Which one would be “better” for a long-haul flight?

I know all airlines are pretty much the same, but I was wondering if there is some small detail that might make one more enjoyable than the other. Adventurous cuisine, for example, or no rolling of the eyes when I order my seventh gin and tonic.
Thanks.

[quote=“dolph”]I have the choice of flying back to England via HK with either Quantas or Air New Zealand. The price for both tickets is roughly the same, so all I have to do is just choose one. Has anybody flown on both airlines? Which one would be “better” for a long-haul flight?

I know all airlines are pretty much the same, but I was wondering if there is some small detail that might make one more enjoyable than the other. Adventurous cuisine, for example, or no rolling of the eyes when I order my seventh gin and tonic.
Thanks.[/quote]
I haven’t flown Quantas, but I did that same Air New Zealand route a few months ago. It was good.

They have interactive TVs in the backs of the seats in front, and you can choose what you want to watch and when you want to watch it. I watched six episodes of Top Gear straight through. I know another guy who watched all three Lord of the Rings films back to back. You might choose to mix it up a bit with some music, some games, and some travel info.

They’re really keen on promoting the New Zealand wines, too. They had two reds and two whites. If you seem interested in wine, I think they’ll give you a glass of each one, though probably not all right at the same time.

Definitely the best long-haul flight I’ve had so far.

By contrast, I loathe Qantas with a vengeance. Rude poncy air stewards, officious nasty cows of hosties. I’m sure the kiwis will treat you much. much better. Hell, they may even give you a second drink! On Qantas they look like they want to taser you for asking.

Qantas has also come under considerable scrutiny for its maintenance of late. Whether that’s a step up or down from parking your planes in sheep paddocks ala Air NZ is hard to know.

HG

Now now, HGC, just because AUK is surrounded by sheep doesn’t mean sheep are meandering among the Airbi.

I’ve had much better staff interaction with Air NZ than with that airline from the other island.

I have flown on Qantas and Air NZ.
Qantas and Air NZ is similar.
Air NZ is newer than Qantas.
Qantas has cup noodles can be asked.
Why don’t you choose BA(British Airways)?
Do you want one way or return ticket?
If you want return and 60days ticket,I think BA is better than Air NZ and Qantas.
BA ticket price is roughly the same.
I’m travel agent. ^^
If you have any question,you can ask me.

[quote=“dolph”]I have the choice of flying back to England via HK with either Quantas or Air New Zealand. The price for both tickets is roughly the same, so all I have to do is just choose one. Has anybody flown on both airlines? Which one would be “better” for a long-haul flight?

Thanks.[/quote]