Quarantine Rules (tested positive in Taiwan)

Yeah still 7 days. The first day is day 0

What about living together with the girlfriend? Me positive, she isnt. Can we keep living together (with distance) in one apt? Does she have to quarantine/self isolate as well, even if negative?

Is there any official site with the current rules?

If she is triple jabbed, she can carry on as usual. If not, 7 days.

Qaurantine or self health?

If triple jabbed, 7 days self health. If not, seven days quarantine the last time I checked.

Found it: Beginning May 17, live-in family members of COVID-19 confirmed cases who have received three vaccine doses can be exempted from home isolation but should practice 7-day self-initiated epidemic prevention - Taiwan Centers for Disease Control

Thanks!

2 Likes

Does anyone know if there are any rules for testing positive even after you finished quarantine? I believe my quarantine papers just said I have to do the self health management.

I finished quarantine last Friday and I’m still testing positive. I continued to stay home over the weekend as I had nothing to do. Yesterday my work said I have to test negative to come in. I tested positive this morning, but they changed their mind and said as long as I don’t have a fever I can come.

There is no requirement to test after you have finished seven days.

My work did the same with my coworker. You can’t come until negative. When I went to work, she was there. No one to sub. Ha ha.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if there was. I’ve only been doing it to keep the rest of the family from getting sick.

One of my co-teachers for today just told me not to go to my classes with her and that she will teach them herself. So now I’ll only have 2 out 5 classes today and the rest of the time will just be sitting in the office.

When I got the virus back in the spring, there were no government rules at all about testing negative at the end of however many days you were supposed to isolate. However, government rules aren’t the same as what a workplace may require. (EDIT: note this is different from the quarantine-on-arrival rules, when you DO need to have a negative test, although as far as I know if you’re doing this at home, there’s no one to check the test.)

(I never bothered with any additional tests beyond the first positive one - but we were distance learning at the time. Maybe if I were going into a classroom I’d have tried to confirm I was negative.)

I have read that you could test positive for a month after you got it, even if you feel fine without any symptoms. How would businesses treat that…

I tested positive on 9/15. I received my online document telling me that home isolation is from 9/15 -9/22 but on another section of the document, it says “cancellation date of designated residence isolation” is 9/23. Does this mean at 9/22 11:59pm, I can leave my home ? Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Thanks

Yes! 9/22 is your 7th day…so as soon as the clock hits 12AM midnight on 9/23, you can dance your way out of isolation!

1 Like