Question on mixed kids

I’m not mixed but I have hazel eyes and can confirm they change colour depending on the light, mine go from Grey, Green through to Amber, but are mostly a muddy green.

1 Like

My daughters eyes are this color

So they’re all like that.

Yes its to do with the melanin, mine look Jade at the moment but will change to brown as it goes darker

" Hazel Eyes

Hazel eyes are sometimes mistaken for green or brown eyes. They are not as rare as green eyes, but are rarer than blue eyes. Only about 5 percent of the population worldwide has the hazel eye genetic mutation. After brown eyes, they have the most melanin. . The combination of having less melanin (as with green eyes) and a lot of melanin (like brown eyes) make this eye color unique.

The color combinations in shades of green, brown, and gold are endless with hazel eyes, depending on the concentration of melanin. The light scatters as it does with blue and green eyes. As with blue and green eyes, hazel eyes may appear to shift colors depending on the light. The eye color doesn’t actually shift, perception does. It is unknown if hazel eyes developed from brown eyes or green."

2 Likes

Roughly, how our daughter’s DNA would look.

3 Likes

Your post shouldn’t make me hungry, but…

1 Like

brown is dominant. I think hair is too. gingers are recessive.

my guess is just that because brown eyes and hair are dominant and the funny colors are recessive, people assume the “asian” gene is stronger when it is really just certain genes are.

the other variable seems to be more cultural. western culture appreciates tanned skin and han chinese tend to prefer vampire white. so it probably just depends how the kids live. though I can confirm, no matter how much sun, my kid does not go dark at all…just red. she gets her moms eyes and a mix of our hair (I am black as well but curly).

sunburn skin truly is a bullshit phenotype!

1 Like

So many people wear colored contacts it’s hard to say. I’ve definitely seen mixed kids with colors besides brown.

to be fair, there are lots of mixed DNA bodies in Taiwan. regardless how pure grandma said the family tree is. recessive traits hiding in the shadows, waiting to pounce after it’s too late for granny to get in trouble :innocent:

1 Like