Question RE: Kaohsiung Events sub-forum

The sub-forum for Kaohsiung does not allow new topics. If I try it says that only moderators can post in that forum. Does it mean that that all events have to be posted in the main Events forum and are subsequently moved to sub forums by mods? Sounds like that’s what’s happening. [quote]Sorry, but only moderators can post topics in this forum.[/quote]

Short of being able to post in the proper forum, I posted this event last night in the main Events forum: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=62200

It hasn’t been moved yet. I don’t mind waiting for a mod to get around to moving it, except the event is tomorrow. This to say that I’m not sure I like this method, but maybe there’s more to it. Also, there’s no instructions/ directions as to how to post events for Kaohsiung. Maybe the main Events forum could have a note to explain that events threads are moved to sub-forums by mods.

Is there a reason for this anyways, or is the “START A NEW TOPIC” function just buggered?

Thanks!

Short of being able to post in the proper forum, I posted this event last night in the main Events forum: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=62200

It hasn’t been moved yet. I don’t mind waiting for a mod to get around to moving it, except the event is tomorrow. This to say that I’m not sure I like this method, but maybe there’s more to it. Also, there’s no instructions/ directions as to how to post events for Kaohsiung. Maybe the main Events forum could have a note to explain that events threads are moved to sub-forums by mods.

Is there a reason for this anyways, or is the “START A NEW TOPIC” function just buggered?

Thanks![/quote]
Thanks for the heads up, bobepine. Sounds like an error in our configuration. I’ll check now

Thanks![/quote]
Thanks for the heads up, bobepine. Sounds like an error in our configuration. I’ll check now[/quote]

Oops, my bad. I was wrong. Here is what is posted in the Events forum:

[quote=“Truant”]I have had some feedback about the sub-forums and the desire to have visibility of threads in BOTH the subforums and the main Events forum here - which I agree with.

I have requested that the Administrators remove thread starting ability in the sub-forums.
All events are to be posted in the main events forum, and the will be moved to the relevant sub-forum, while leaving a shadow in the Main Events forum.

This should achieve the visibility in Events that everyone (including myself) is looking for.

so…don’t get upset if you cant post in the sub-forum, just post here and send me PM if you want to remind me that it needs to go ‘to the sub’.

Cheers,
Truant
Co-Mod
[/quote]

I missed that part, obviously. Thanks Goose Egg. Next time I’ll PM Truant with a link when I post events. I’ll also try to post earlier than two days before the event. :blush:

Nice to have that additional exposure that way, too.

Cheers! :slight_smile: