Question regarding some Charity work

I want make some charity by feeding 50 homeless people/people in need. I was thinking of lunch boxes worth ~100NT$.
I have previously donated snacks to people sitting outside Longshan Temple. But it was only for around 15-20 people. I directly went there and a person who seemed to be working there helped me distribute it.
Has anyone done something like this before? Are there any other organizations or places where I can make food donations? Am I doing it the right way?
Comments and suggestions welcome.

5 Likes

You might want to work with a church group. Even though we weren’t religious, my family went with a group to do charity like this a few times a year.

I remember a soup kitchen around Zhongshan MRT station. I don’t know if it’s still there. I’m sure there are Christians here who knows churches who could really use your help.

thanks for your charity.

1 Like

I am a month late to reply. Thanks for your response.
I just bough the number of lunch boxes I wanted to donate, and went to Longshan temple. As soon as I reached there, 1 of them took me to a spot and all the people in need there made a queue and took the lunch boxes 1 by 1.
I fell short of lunch boxes actually. and it was pretty quick.

5 Likes

Roughfly, how many homeless people you saw there?
Were they expecting you already?

What is the best way to help kids in Taiwan? Thoughts?

1 Like

They usually are expecting people come in with stuff. I took 50 lunch boxes and I think I could have even taken 70.

2 Likes

Are you asking about kids in general or about some kids you may know?

Kids in general that need help.

1 Like