Questions about divorce

I have a happy marriage of 4 years, but my wife becomes crazy when she leaves to go to Taipei and starts to think about her live there when she was single. She constantly threatens me with divorce and even go far enough to say that she will do it without my consent.

Well this time I think that she has gone and done something, well at least she is sayin that she has but I don’t know if there is a way to check for records if a petition has been filed or not.

What are some steps that I can take, no matter what I will not divorce or leave.

Where are you? In Taiwan?

If so, visit a lawyer and get some legal instructions and advice on what you should do. If money is a problem, you can get some counseling for free at LAF.

If you are not in Taiwan, visit a lawyer in your country or call to a lawyer in Taiwan, and get some legal instructions and advice on what you should do.

You will never divorce? Is that to protect your living status or because you want to try and make it work?
You don’t have to agree to any divorce she could demand as others will no doubt mention.
Sounds like there are no kids?

Doesn’t sound very happy. Obviously something has been broken for a while if she’s “constantly threatening divorce.” Perhaps you could try couples therapy and get to the root of her unhappiness. I find it hard to believe the motive is just her wanting to be single again and unrelated to you or anything you did or didn’t do. I suppose it could be, but that’d be so selfish on her part that I’d say let it happen then. What she is doing isn’t right, but I feel like there must be more to this. If there isn’t, then you have to consider whether it’s worth staying with her, especially if there’s no kids involved.

2 Likes

You may be interested in this thread – similar problem but with the husband trying to divorce the wife.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Trust no-one (in bed)

Agreed. If she’s behaving that badly, and there’s no kids, then divorce and be done with her.

If you need residency through marriage then make a deal or just wait her out until you get your own permanent residency, not dependent upon marriage.

Having said all that, none of us know your specific situation (and it’s not even clear whether you’re in Taiwan), so you should have at least one good conversation with a divorce attorney to cover your bases.

1 Like

I want to try and make it work.

I had I mean , English is not my native language sorry.

How long were you married before it went from happy to unhappy and was there something in particular that caused the relationship stress?