R&B is a load of shite

Not surprised. I’m seeing comments like “who’s still listening to this in 2020.” I always seem to like the older stuff even though I lived through the time when it was contemporary. It takes me a while to come around I guess.

1 Like

Almost feel like this should be labeled “cool R&B,” in the way “cool jazz” was used. Very nice.

1 Like

Very old school R&B.

2 Likes

love that ignition remix, tho

Keep finding that positive!

Robert going down. He can’t fly. No matter what he believes. At least he will enjoy his shower time, according to witness testimony.

1 Like

https://www.cc.com/video/gslu5d/chappelle-s-show-r-kelly-s-piss-on-you-video

1 Like

Chapelle is funny, but mostly for re-telling other people’s stories.

You might just be analyzing this kind of music too much.

Two scenarios:

1. You’ve just retired for the evening. After reading 100 more pages of Infinite Jest you put down your glass of sherry and turn on MTV. “What is this nonsense?” you cry, “This isn’t music!”

2. It’s Friday night. You’re frunk as duck off several cans of unspeakably bad beer and tripping on something else as well. Your friend drags you into a crowded bar. Beautiful women everywhere. Big ass booties shaking on the TVs in the bar. “Oh yeah!” you cry, “That’s my jam!”

4 Likes

Much more likely it’s just old people not liking new music, as has been happening since I assume forever (zog! quit banging on that new fangled drum!).

2 Likes

“new” music?

I’ve been wrong about music a few times. I recall back in 1977… I was sanding a floor working up a sweat while I was listening to the radio. Then the DJ comes on and says, “There’s this NEW music comin’ outta New York, and it’s gonna be AROUND for a while!”
I listened to my first rap song and immediately said, “THAT ain’t gonna last! NO F-in WAY! Hahahahahaha!”

1 Like

new “music”?

2 Likes

1 Like

R. Kelly Is Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison

Kelly was found guilty of charges including sexual exploitation of a child, racketeering, bribery and sex trafficking. The jury found the government proved Kelly was at the head of a criminal conspiracy to recruit and coerce girls, boys and women into sex.
R. Kelly Is Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison | LAist

1 Like

He will not enjoy his shower

1 Like

He should now test whether he truly believes he can fly.

2 Likes

Twenty years isn’t enough.

1 Like

Wait, THAT’s R Kelly?

On November 26, 1996, Kelly released “I Believe I Can Fly”, an inspirational song originally released on the soundtrack for the film Space Jam. “I Believe I Can Fly” reached No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100, and No. 1 on the UK charts for three weeks and won three Grammy Awards in 1998.

Damn. Space Jam ruined.

2 Likes