Racial Tensions in US 2020

Well after what I read about why Target was attacked, I’m like hmmmm…

Well Chicago is under curfew.

1 Like

Did somebody post the Killer Mike press conference yesterday?

He, along with Dr. West, who has been posted here already, are the only people I’ve heard who are actually calling out actions that should be taken.

Edit - Killer Mike Urges ‘Black People and People of Color’ to Embrace Second Amendment

sez the man from Ireland/N.Ireland and sectarian violence, RUC, etc.

Oohhh defensive! Gardai in Ireland aren’t even armed lol.

FIFY

Even the CEO of the Target Store that got looted says they support the protestors.

1 Like

This will be the overwhelming response too. People standing up to what this administration represents will be supported by the vast majority of Americans.

1 Like

Anyone that is a populist right now stands with the people of Minneapolis in their expression of anger and frustration against a repressive police state.

1 Like

1 Like

I stand with people who exercise their right to protest. Unfortunately, it’s becoming more difficult to see the protesters or their cause because of the violence and looting. I can’t imagine a place where these looters are in charge. Hopefully, law enforcement can extract the violent agitators. The cop, as bad as it seems he is, has to go through the trial process. Those other cops that stood around and watched should be arrested too.

5 Likes
2 Likes

So true.

2 Likes

Me either. I also can’t imagine that the US has changed so dramatically since 1972.

That’s when a summer of looting and violent protests was followed by Americans reelecting a US president (Nixon) who was widely demonized in the press, by the largest electoral margin in US history.

Would be interesting to know if the Chinese Censors are allowing all this USA drama to be seen by their people. I suspect not, lest it encourages their citizens to come out again.

We’re seeing a predictable effort now to to reduce all protesters to looters.

There’s a reason it’s all happening though. Action (and inaction) causes proportionate reaction.

There’s also a reason the protesters are largely supported.

Those who are eager to abuse their power, looking for confrontation, should be careful what they wish for. They will most likely get it if they press on, but in numbers they definitely won’t care for.

Simple relativity at work.

1 Like

they are having a feast right now. someone from china asked me if the riots in the us was affecting me, i´m in europe… :unamused:

and the behavior and statements of trump give them even more assurances to push more aggressively against hong kong protesters.

Trump’s original statement regarding looters could well get reinstated and applied if things don’t calm down. I hope not, but nothing seems to be making sense over the past few days. What a mess!!

1 Like

No those who are doing that are doing crimes of opportunity.

They have co-opted the protests to discredit them.

3 Likes

We’re also seeing a predictable reaction to vandalism, burning, and stealing. Supporting it seems like a good way to get Trump elected again, as has been noted above, but the far left or whatever you care to call it has never shied away from that, so no surprise.

5 Likes