Racism in TW?

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]I was nonplussed to find that he was so niggardly.
Amazing how many people don’t understand the definition of “nonplussed.”
[/quote]
I was plussed and gruntled to read your post. :wink:

[quote=“Maoman”][quote=“wolf_reinhold”]I was nonplussed to find that he was so niggardly.
[/quote]
I was plussed and gruntled to read your post.[/quote]

Yours too… malapropism

now there’s a really useful term, probablt half of what I write might come under that term lol

[quote=“Maoman”][quote=“wolf_reinhold”]I was nonplussed to find that he was so niggardly.
[/quote]
I was plussed and gruntled to read your post. :wink:[/quote]

You’re acting quite chalant. I expected more toward behavior from you.

[quote=“MaPoSquid”]
Yeah, you have every right to post things that exhibit your silly hypersensitivity. And I have every right to spank you for it. In fact, if you’re not doing anything else after the next happy hour. . . . :howyoudoin:[/quote]

Can I bring my camera? :laughing:

As a unrepenetent Scottish/HillBilly I don’t like anyone, I discriminate freely and we wrote the damn book on holding grudges.

So there… :stuck_out_tongue:

I certainly didn’t. Goes to show. The word "Englishman’ was much. much, more reviled than the word Kaffir, at leat in my home. And don’t come with your “it was the law” bullshit with me.
It’s still (or hasn’t been0 in your lawbooks.
BUT who will YOU invite for dinner?
I’ll invite anybody but you.[/quote]

So, instead of the name-calling common amongst Australian children, in your house you practiced the name-calling common to your country! And, somehow you think this makes a moral difference.

If the words Englishman and Kaffir were reviled in your house then that means you did the same thing. You used name-calling to insult others. You just used different names.[/quote]

You’re right, but it wasn’t RACISM. The name of this thread is RACISM in Taiwan, not “name-calling”. The “Englishmen” we referred to was of the Anglo-Boer War ilk, meaning WHITE, just like me as a white Afrikaner. We’re Europeans (not my classification, I am, after all, African). Now, of course, things are totally different and referring to Englishmen as well as Afrikaners take ALL races into account. There are black and Indian Englishmen, just like there are black, Indian and coloured (not my classification) Afrikaners.
AND I don’t think it makes a moral difference, it was just an example.

You obviously have no idea what you’re talking about. Get your facts straight.
Cheers.