Racist Decathlon stuff

:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

So I have read here many people complaining about being called WaiGouRen (sorry for the spelling), and so far it was something that didn’t really happened to me too often, so it didn’t bother me much.

But it is something that definitively happens. Here… there… this person, that other… a kid, and old lady… the staff at the small eatery, when buying grocery… even the staff in bigger shops and chains…!

It’s getting annoying!

The other day I got really tired of it. I was zipping up my jacket and it said to me, very clearly: “wai guuuuo (ren)”. OK, the “ren” part was a bit less audible, but still there I think.

I think it’s time to say enough is enough. what do you guys think we should do about it?

1 Like

Your jacket said “waiguoren” to you?

2 Likes

What do you mean?

Please for the love of god explain yourself…

Taiwan has a very racialized national identity with fascist overtones. If you can’t handle it, you’re probably in the wrong country.

1 Like

If it says “HEELLLLLOOOOOO”, take two triple scotches and see me in the morning.

3 Likes

A bunch of foreigner friends have bought jackets from Decathlon, the jackets have never called them wai guo ren.

You sure this was real life and not temp?

1 Like

I’m losing it here. We’re in the twilight zone make no mistake.

1 Like

You guys can make fun of me as much as you want, but this is a real problem, and well, you decide what part you side with. But being wai gou ren you all, I think that it’s not smart to just make fun.

You might be the next one.

Or maybe I’m just letting Weidmann to influence me too much, dunno what to think…

1 Like

Just tell us which muthafucker called you waiguoren…Was it an inanimate or an animate object?

Totally with you on this. Noticed the same. Whenever you zip up in Taiwan, the sound clearly resembles “wai guo ren”. Glad I am not the only one.

7 Likes

Man, calm down. Violence is not going to take us anywhere… nice.

How big of a guy are you, btw? I might need your help after all. Dunno if you are scarily strong but at least you’ve got the right attitude.

I’m as big as a bear. And not a teddy bear. Not even Paddington.

Gummy bear then?

1 Like

Careful…being called a “drunk waiguoren” is even worse. :sunglasses:

I would give it to you if “a” and “u” were in proximity to each other on the keyboard…but they aren’t.

Unless you’re using some kind of twilight zone keyboard.

He meant “stuff”. If it was a typo I’d have changed it.

Stop messing with our minds.

I don’t understand why you guys are so cheeky.