Racist Decathlon stuff

If you really loved me you would thrash all the other threads now.

I’m fuckin’ tired. Can any rich woman marry me, please?

This thread sure gets around.

That would be even more tiring. Trust me on this one.

You mean your wife is rich? are you tired of her already?

No further comment at this time…

1 Like

Apologies in advance for the identity politics words:

OK, it obviously isn’t nice to be othered. However, how often does it actually happen? I genuinely don’t notice it, but I’m aware that I might be selectively ignoring it. People shouldn’t point at other people they view as different and make comments, but it’s always going to happen. What can we others do about it? Basically, fuck all. It’s really just a case of sucking it up. If you choose to be a minority then you are going to stand out. On balance, foreigners in Taiwan who are white gain more than they lose IME.

Are you talking on a talkative jacket?

Or, am I completely misunderstanding something?

1 Like

No, I’m answering the question the OP meant to ask.

That’s certainly true for me (or I wouldn’t be here), but I wouldn’t make the assumption that it’s true for everybody. The fact that most white foreigners don’t stay long term would seem to attest to this.

1 Like

…because of racist Decathlon jackets? Could it be up there with reasons like traffic?

That’s a very good point. Like the OP I may be extrapolating my own experience to a group to which I feel I belong.

Well, @mad_masala is still here…as far as we know.

Fixed.

Maybe, dunno. Even Decathlon stuff… I mean, it’s ridiculous.

If you think it’s ridiculous why did you start the discussion?

I mean, the situation is ridiculous. Isn’t it?

I don’t see how being called a foreigner is any more or less ridiculous because it happened in Decathlon. What did you find particularly ridiculous about the situation?

Hmmmm I think I never said it happened at Decathlon. :thinking:

EDIT: you guys need to get rid of some prejudices before reading me, seriously. Some people here make lots of assumptions.

Like everyone I have prejudices, but they do not apply in your case. My assumption about Decathlon stems from the thread being titled “Racist Decathlon stuff”.