Radical Ideology in Schools and Media’s Protection of It

I think we’re reading that sentence differently. Again though, it wasn’t my intention to take a strong stand on this and I don’t want to derail the whole thread with it, so let’s just assume your reading is correct.

I always post ‘alleged’ because the offence legally is. That is not casting doubt, it is a correct statement.

You have stated that you believe the rape allegation is true, before due process. However, you seem to have fixed ideas about the identity of the alleged rapist and how they were enabled to commit the alleged rape and sexual assault.

I find it really weird.

I seriously don’t. I think you have fixed ideas about what my fixed ideas are.

You have a fixed idea that the girl was raped, yes?

Can we just give it a break? Please?

It doesn’t seem to me that any of his ideas on this are fixed. We can all change our minds as more evidence comes in.

However, I also find it strange how differently he reacted to one allegation than to another.

I’ll let it go if our daughters and loved ones get protected from predatory males. Rapists and paedophiles target weak links. Organised religion, schools, previously safe areas.

Predatory males are not necessarily gender fluid or whatever, but they will say they are in order to gain access.

You chose to get involved, quite passionately, in this discussion. Now you want out?

2 Likes

I can’t entirely deny it. I have some vested interest in the gender-fluid part turning out to be bullshit, in the same way the news sources reporting on it have a vested interest in it being true. There were almost 15,000 rapes reported in K-12 schools in the 2017-2018 school year (latest I can find), but this one makes national news because of the gender-fluid part – as an opportunity to blame it on bathroom access laws. This despite the same person assaulting someone else in a classroom, which bathroom access laws would not have prevented. Whether they’d have prevented the first, I don’t know (but it seems unlikely).

As I’ve said again and again and again in this thread, I’m willing to be wrong. And as I’ve said elsewhere, it’s not like I don’t think trans people can commit crimes. But this kid’s gender identity is being used to push a political stance that I disagree with, so I do look for holes in it.

I want out of the pedantic back-and-forth, yes. You may well be able to catch me out on some inconsistency of my beliefs or statements, but I don’t think doing so really achieves anything. As always I’m attempting to have a conversation, not an argument.

1 Like

I’m not doubting the girl was raped.

He just doubts who she says raped her.

It’s a massive inconsistency in your belief or statements. You believe the girl when she alleges she has been raped, but don’t believe her about the details of the rape.

I’m not trying to catch you out here, or get a gotcha, I’m trying to make you understand.

No, this is making a subset of new media and right wing news (and being ignored by most news) because, if true, it is an example of an absurd and evil cover-up and part of a coordinated effort to bury the truth, to demonize the father of a rape victim, and an effort to cram radical ideologies through the schools.

This is just absurd. The media, the school administrators, and the school board seem to bury a rape and demonize a man to push an agenda that you agree with, and when the truth of the matter is uncovered, you blame that reporting to push an agenda. I really fucking hate that game that people on the left always seem to push.

1 Like

I don’t think the cover-up part is supported by the information we’ve seen here. The school board say they hadn’t been told about it and the school says the police asked them not to. Is there evidence that’s untrue?

And they didn’t hear about it at the school board meeting because the father got into a fight with another parent and was removed, if I’m understanding correctly.

I agree it could be a coverup, and if it turns out to be then it’s a big deal. Right now it’s a lot of supposition, based (AFAICT) entirely on statements from the girl’s father with no outside corroboration, except the police report of the original (alleged) rape.

We’re all seeing what we want to see, here. It’s not my intention to play games, though.

1 Like

It may not be your intention, but it’s what you’re doing. The Superintendent said no crimes had been reported in the bathrooms (or something to that effect). It strains credulity that s/he wasn’t aware of a 4 week old rape allegation in the school. The media made the father a poster boy for bad behaved parents (elevated to potential terrorist by Garland and the MSM), yet somehow didn’t report on his and his wife’s claims regarding why they were there. Yet somehow when more facts come out, reporting on those facts and associated allegations is the problem of pushing an agenda, not all the work done in the previous weeks pushing an opposite agenda in contradiction to actual facts.

2 Likes

Fair. On the other hand I can’t find any mention of his claims from before the last couple days, e.g. in coverage of the school board meeting by the National Review, or Fox News, or local coverage of the court case for his fight. Do you know of any? Or is it possible he wasn’t making them until recently?

Yes, hence, people. It seems hard to imagine the father would make false claims to score a political point? about something so serious involving his own daughter. Of course lots of other things could be going on that would mean they were not saying what actually happened.

I got the impression it was neighborhood talk. People would know the names of the people involved. or what @biggusdickus says.

1 Like

Legal insurrection is covering the case, right leaning but I think fair. It has the original altercation where they take down the parent and he can be heard shouting “my child was raped in school”. That meeting was in June.

Seems he was mostly quiet about it as he was told that would bring the most likely outcome of a ruling favorable to his daughter until someone else called asking the name of the assailant, as they suspected another assault had occurred, which he couldn’t believe was the same person as he was under the impression they were under house arrest, yet, turns out same guy.

Longer interview.

1 Like

Complaints that only right-leaning sources are documenting this developing story surely back up the thread title

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. I didn’t mean to suggest he was recently inventing the claim. But the MSM can’t really be blamed for not reporting on it if no-one was talking about it.

A minor nitpick: It’s a nearby woman yelling about the rape, who I’m assuming is his wife. Better video here

1 Like

That kerfuffle is included in the article I posted as well. It is well, a real kerfuffle.

right, thanks for that. You can read the comments section on Legal Insurrection, they seem dubious to the claim that the school board knew nothing about an alleged rape, since there was a transferal of school and that would likely have all sorts of questions along with emails and such like.

But if you watch the Ingram interview, not to be mean, but you kind of get the idea he is an uncomplicated kind of person, not the kind that would aggressively sue the school board and demand their correspondence, although someone may talk him into it.

1 Like