Rambo Last Blood- Based on a True Story

Anyone see Rambo Last Blood? Apparently its based off a Farmer named Don Alejo Garza Tamez a 77 year old farmer who was ordered to leave his farm by the Zetas Cartel with 24 hrs.
He grew up with guns hunting and decided he would die defending his farm. Ultimately killing 4 Zetas, injuring 2 the rest fled. He died of grenade fragments.

Translated from Wiki- Spanish
Members of organized crime (of the Los Zetas group) demanded Alejo’s ranch on November 13, 2010 and warned him that he had 24 hours to leave his property. Alejo Garza, 77, refused to hand it over. He gathered the workers from his ranch and ordered them not to show up for work the next day. That morning the criminal vehicles entered the ranch and were placed in front of the house. The murderers descended, fired a blast into the air and exclaimed that they would take over the ranch. Garza Tamez responded with bullets and the armed group responded against the house. The thieves increased the attack and went from long weapons to hand grenades. Despite the numerical difference, the criminals did not strip him of the ranch and fled before the arrival of the military. Don Alejo parapetized on his estate, killing four of the attackers and injuring two more.

Elements of the Mexican Navy arrived at Alejo’s ranch, called “San José”, located 15 kilometers from Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas. The elements found the main house partially shattered by bullet impacts and grenade explosions. They found on the outside of the farm six abandoned bodies, four dead and two unconscious. Inside the house they found only the body of Alejo Garza Tamez next to two weapons, with only 2 impacts of bullets, one in the chest and one in the head, his cause of death was by the splinters of the grenades.

When the ranch was inspected, it was revealed that percussed weapons and caps were found in all windows and doors. It was finally understood that Alejo had designed his strategy to fight alone, placing weapons on all doors and windows.

8 Likes

Great post, love it :+1:
RIP Don Alejo Garza Tamez, you are remembered.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it’s a terrible movie. The guy deserved better.

2 Likes

Sounds like a legend

2 Likes

Just so. :+1:
I’d much rather watch the Don Tamez movie.

(and I love Rambo)

3 Likes

John Rambo
:smile:
Ah the 80s , I’m feeling nostalgic

I thought it was good for what this movie is. I don’t watch Rambo for the story plot. I just want to see Rambo wreck everyone. And the movie did just that.

3 Likes

He knows how to ride a horse, I’ll give him that.

1 Like

Kind of a grown-up version of Home Alone :joy:

2 Likes

That would be funnier if pretty much every review of the movie hadn’t already made that comparison.
Not your fault, of course.

2 Likes

1 Like

Legend goes Rambos red bandana was originally white until it was stained by the blood of his enemies over time.

Never mind

1 Like

I didn’t know all the background, that’s really cool!

It’s a Rambo movie. There’s Rambo. He btfos some human trash. It’s a masterpiece regardless of the semi-lack of a script.

He’s spilling his beer.

2 Likes

It’s his girlfriend’s beer :smile:

1 Like