Rap

I once did a lesson on Tupac’s poetry and not one single student in my 30 person class had any idea who he was. :disappointed:

4 Likes

I went in a big New Era store in Ximen a few weeks ago and was looking at a (really cool) Tupac hat they had. The clerks hadn’t heard of him.

Neither have I lol

1 Like

Don’t worry, you’re not missing much. If he hadn’t died in a famous murder, he’d be just a small footnote in rap history.

That’s like saying John Lennon would be a footnote if he wasn’t assassinated. Or Kurt Cobain would be a footnote if he hadn’t killed himself. He was acclaimed while he was alive. I’ve listened to a lot of rap and 2Pac is definitely in the top 5. But I’m guessing rap isn’t your thing anyway…

3 Likes

I’m actually a big rap fan…just not of Tupac. I think he’s extremely overrated. John Lennon or Kurt Cobain he is not.

Careful, man. That’s borderline racist. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Oh how the tables have turned…

2 Likes

4 Likes

Who is your favorite rapper? Not doubting you, just curious.

I don’t have a favorite, but I like all kinds.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

I like some of those (love one or two), and some of those I feel very ‘meh’ about.

Now you know how I feel about Tupac. :wink:

1 Like

3 Likes

Mac Miller is no Tupac Shakur. :wink:

And thank god for that.

What I want to know is, who is @shiadoa’s favorite rapper? :astonished:

Hmm , I thought you may take this opportunity to ask this question . :face_with_monocle: There are some great melodies mixed in with the unintelligible garbage , so it’s quite difficult to decide :wink: I think I would go for the Bay City Rollers .

2 Likes

I’m torn between Vanilla Ice and Bart Simpson.

2 Likes