RAPE be aware and be safe

be careful of your surroundings at all times. The police generally say that you have more then 50 percent chance of staying alive by fighting kidnappers and shouting and screaming at the time of a kidnap attempt rather then going along . Statistics have shown that in the USA people who were successfully abducted were in over 90pct of the time killed. Therefore FIGHT the kidnap attempt with everything you have because YOUR LIFE DOES DEPEND ON IT.

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003352641

these two deserve life in prison not just because of rape but because of KIDNAPPING. Which in Taiwan is a CAPITAL offense.

Bullshit. The amount of whorehouses on this island and these goons couldn’t even scrape up a couple thousand NT?

That’s the other thing. Even at midnight the night markets are packed like sardines. There must have been hundreds of people in that parking lot and nobody helps her when she’s being dragged away? That’s one thing I hate about this culture. People are too cowardly and selfish to bother to try to help other people.

yes im surprised really. they mustve been very fast and picked the right moment. just grab and shove into the car and drive off before anyone really saw anything or had time to react.

thats why i said that she shouldve resisted and screamed for help and fought. most kidnappers will give up at that point (unless she was not a random target) and go for someone easier.

this case reminds me of one fairly recent case here in the bay area at rockridge bart station. I think also just past midnite . Rockridge is a rich area and violent crime is rare. she was a student also. raped AND MURDERED. Her murderer was eventually caught and is serving a life sentence i believe, but the poor girl is dead !!

stats show that one must FIGHT with ones life against being taken. some american law enforcement stats have shown that once taken in the usa, there is sometimes less then 2percent chance the victim will live thru the ordeal.

there is much evil everywhere and Taiwan is certainly NOT immune.

there was this guy that would knock over a female scooterist at this certain spot near a bridge that was bout 20 feet high. he would then throw the women over the bridge to the ground below where they would be heavily injured and then rape them while they were injured !!! extreme cruelty. One young girl was not seriously hurt (landed right) and ran off and the police caught him finally.

thats why , be careful (especiallly young ladies) and aware at all times. Perps look for people who are not aware of their surroundings, who LOOK like victims. so dont LOOK like one.

stay safe !

You watch too much TV

i read both perps now caught/. And the second guy is 38 years old and had just proposed to his girlfriend too. Now how wierd is that? One never knows huh , whos what?

And the MOJ is to invite “experts” to discuss whether to introduce public floggings for rapists. I shit you not.

Canings and chemical castartions are up for discussion now!

I’m all for castration. Remove any possibility of the sick bastards from doing it again.

One of the problems in Taiwan is that young people, particularly girls, are not at all aware of who’s behind them, who’s around, and potential risks. Most Westerners automatically know how is walking behind them, how fast relative to how fast they are walking, whether it’s a man or woman, whether s/he looks threatening, etc. All without really even taking a look. Another proof that the Taiwanese lack of aversion to bumping into people is not good for self-preservation.

no it doesn’t,death does

Chemical castration done one drop at a time sounds fine to me. And for food and water, I suggest the stuff from Shihlin Night Market…after it gets dumped into the garbage barrel… and nothing says lovin’ like water straight from the Keelung - taxi driver urine and all.

They don’t need to be made to think twice about what they did. They can think about rape all they want, provided they live through the punishment.

[quote=“tommy525”]
thats why i said that she shouldve resisted and screamed for help and fought. most kidnappers will give up at that point (unless she was not a random target) and go for someone easier.

this case reminds me of one fairly recent case here in the bay area at rockridge bart station. I think also just past midnite . Rockridge is a rich area and violent crime is rare. she was a student also. raped AND MURDERED. Her murderer was eventually caught and is serving a life sentence i believe, but the poor girl is dead !!

stats show that one must FIGHT with ones life against being taken. some american law enforcement stats have shown that once taken in the USA, there is sometimes less then 2percent chance the victim will live thru the ordeal.[/quote]

Again this has the ‘blame the victim’ mentality. She should have … blah blah blah. Okay, when you’re being attacked, unless you are prepped for that situation, most people aren’t thinking "I need to scream and fight and kick unless it’s really kicked in. " That idea that ‘fight and flight’ kicks in sometimes a bit to late. .

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“tommy525”]

stats show that one must FIGHT with ones life against being taken. some american law enforcement stats have shown that once taken in the USA, there is sometimes less then 2percent chance the victim will live thru the ordeal.[/quote]

Again this has the ‘blame the victim’ mentality. She should have … blah blah blah. Okay, when you’re being attacked, unless you are prepped for that situation, most people aren’t thinking "I need to scream and fight and kick unless it’s really kicked in. " That idea that ‘fight and flight’ kicks in sometimes a bit to late. .[/quote]

Uh. I never blamed the victim here , by the way. I just mentioned what most poilce forces now tell people about an attempted kidnapping. That you have a greater then 50pct chance of getting away at the site of the attempt. If they get you, your chances are then reduced to as low as 2pct of surviving !! Its not blaming the victim. They are saying FIGHT NOW and FIGHT for your LIFE.

When I was very young , I was almost kidnapped . This guy put a handkerchief with probably some substance intended to knock me out against my mouth and nose. I fought , and kicked and ran off. And im here maybe because of that??

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“tommy525”]
thats why i said that [color=darkred]she shouldve resisted and screamed for help and fought[/color]. most kidnappers will give up at that point (unless she was not a random target) and go for someone easier.Uh. I never blamed the victim here , by the way. I just mentioned what most poilce forces now tell people about an attempted kidnapping. That you have a greater then 50pct chance of getting away at the site of the attempt. If they get you, your chances are then reduced to as low as 2pct of surviving !! Its not blaming the victim. They are saying FIGHT NOW and FIGHT for your LIFE.

When I was very young , I was almost kidnapped . This guy put a handkerchief with probably some substance intended to knock me out against my mouth and nose. I fought , and kicked and ran off. And im here maybe because of that??[/quote][/quote][/quote]

The usage of should implies blame or fault.

Funny, you of all people should know that Taiwanese women are generally taught by family and social conditions not to fight back in any respect. So why are you viewing her misfortune with a Western viewpoint :wink:

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“tommy525”][quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“tommy525”]
thats why i said that [color=darkred]she shouldve resisted and screamed for help and fought[/color]. most kidnappers will give up at that point (unless she was not a random target) and go for someone easier.Uh. I never blamed the victim here , by the way. I just mentioned what most poilce forces now tell people about an attempted kidnapping. That you have a greater then 50pct chance of getting away at the site of the attempt. If they get you, your chances are then reduced to as low as 2pct of surviving !! Its not blaming the victim. They are saying FIGHT NOW and FIGHT for your LIFE.

When I was very young , I was almost kidnapped . This guy put a handkerchief with probably some substance intended to knock me out against my mouth and nose. I fought , and kicked and ran off. And im here maybe because of that??[/quote]

The usage of should implies blame or fault.

Funny, you of all people should know that Taiwanese women are generally taught by family and social conditions not to fight back in any respect. So why are you viewing her misfortune with a Western viewpoint :wink:[/quote][/quote][/quote]

you think too much !! haha

well thankfully such incidents are really rare in taiwan. but i guess that taiwanese girls need to learn too

poor girl must have been traumatized. kidnapped and raped in a car and left naked around a public park??

A few months into my time here, a friend and I were leaving our apartment block one night when we saw a woman being dragged into a van by two men. She was kicking and screaming “wo bu yao, wo bu yao”. Other people were walking straight past, pretending not to notice.

I spoke almost no Chinese at the time, and had to get my poor girlfriend to ask them what the hell they were doing. She turned back to us and said “Oh, never mind, it’s family business”.

We went and got our security guard, and he talked to the guys for a moment and came back and said “Oh, never mind, it’s family business”. Then left again.

The woman was still struggling and screaming through all this. My friend and I didn’t know what the hell to do. Back home, we wouldn’t have hesitated to step in. In a foreign country, surrounded by people who didn’t seem to think any response was needed, it didn’t feel so clear-cut. And then the van, the men, and the screaming woman were gone.

Now that I’ve figured out that the only underlying things going on are cowardice and callousness on the part of those around you, I’ve promised myself not to let anything like that pass again.

But in general, if you get in trouble in this country, even in a crowded area, you are all alone.

A few months into my time here, a friend and I were leaving our apartment block one night when we saw a woman being dragged into a van by two men. She was kicking and screaming “wo bu yao, wo bu yao”. Other people were walking straight past, pretending not to notice.

I spoke almost no Chinese at the time, and had to get my poor girlfriend to ask them what the hell they were doing. She turned back to us and said “Oh, never mind, it’s family business”.

We went and got our security guard, and he talked to the guys for a moment and came back and said “Oh, never mind, it’s family business”. Then left again.

The woman was still struggling and screaming through all this. My friend and I didn’t know what the hell to do. Back home, we wouldn’t have hesitated to step in. In a foreign country, surrounded by people who didn’t seem to think any response was needed, it didn’t feel so clear-cut. And then the van, the men, and the screaming woman were gone.

Now that I’ve figured out that the only underlying things going on are cowardice and callousness on the part of those around you, I’ve promised myself not to let anything like that pass again.

But in general, if you get in trouble in this country, even in a crowded area, you are all alone.[/quote]

i doubt that was a kidnapping attempt.

So do I. Probably the woman was drunk and they really were her family.

But if it had been something bad, how would anything different have happened?

[quote=“tommy525”]well thankfully such incidents are really rare in taiwan. but i guess that Taiwanese girls need to learn too

poor girl must have been traumatized. kidnapped and raped in a car and left naked around a public park??[/quote]

You think? Of course she was traumatized. :unamused: Such incidents aren’t as rare as you think. They just aren’t reported as much. Most women, especially in such an ethos that Taiwan has, don’t report their rapes. So there isn’t a true measure of how large the problem is.

This may sound a tad gross, but I believe way back when in sex education class, some rape expert said one of the best ways to end a rape was for the victim to piss or shit herself. Turns the rapist off.