.rar help

I downloaded a bittorrent movie and it is split into about 50 .rar files

Is there any way for me to combine them? And how can I play it?

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]I downloaded a bittorrent movie and it is split into about 50 .rar files

Is there any way for me to combine them? And how can I play it?[/quote]

You’ll probably find, once unpacked, it becomes one .iso image.

You’ll probably have to burn it to play.

Unrar all 50 split files as a whole – as opposed to each individually… winrar should automatically take care of the combining. Playing the file will depend on what format the completed file is in…

If it’s a *.iso file then you will need to burn it to disc. You could also use an emulator for iso files (works lika a virtual cd/dvd-rom). Once installed, your system will see the emulator as a CD/DVD Rom drive… From there, all you have to do is load the .iso file into the emulator and you should be able to see / play the contents of the iso. Great thing about emulators is that you don’t have to waste CD’s/DVD’s…

I use Daemon Tools.

install winrar. if you cant open the first *.r00 file with winrar from right click menu, open winrar first and browse to the location where the files are located…

I use 7-Zip. It’s open source and free.

7-zip.org/

I recently made the switch to 7zip… good stuff! …and it supports .rar too

good to know but rar is free under linux anyways…

Thanks guys.

I used 7zip but it said that one of the files was damaged :fume:

What a waste of time downloading that was.

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]Thanks guys.

I used 7zip but it said that one of the files was damaged :fume:

What a waste of time downloading that was.[/quote]

It sucks when that happens. Post a comment where you dled it to get the torrent closed so others don’t waste their time as well. Hope it wasn’t an especially large download.