Rare Ice Cream Finds

I went to Neihu carrefour yesterday, they had ben & Jerrys there(some coffee flavoured, strawberry cheese cake and something with banana). Carrefour wanted 249/each

I went to check out Costco in neihu as well, they had packs of three for 369. But, they only have one flavour(cookies and cream)

Pretty much all stores carry Haagen Daz ice cream.
For many years Mint Chocolate Chip was available here in Taiwan.
Now I can’t find it anywhere. :persevere:

It just goes to show, don’t get too attached to any imported food here. Chances are it wont be here forever.

But if anyone finds it anywhere, post it here!!! I need my Haagen Daz Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream fix!!! I am having withdrawals!!! The horror!!! :scream::confounded:

Yes! I was really surprised by how good it is. After trying the stuff from Family/7/etc, we figured it was all the same. But luckily not. Also, there is some Thai noodle chain in some of the malls (Mitsukoshi/Takashimiya/etc) that does this black sesame soft serve which is pretty rocking.

The one thing we’ve been searching for is chocolate dipped soft serve, ala Dairy Queen style. Anyone seen that around anywhere?

I was going to recommend Dairy Queen, but you’re too late. I guess they couldn’t make a go of it here.

Ha, exactly! I live near that location and when I moved in it had just closed up shop. Been searching ever since…

Pretty much every Family Mart has soft serve during the summer

Family Mart serves a soft serve-shaped frozen sugar product with some kind of dairy-like binder.

Imei serves actual, legit soft serve for an extraordinary price (just speaking from the New England perspective here).

I thought I had seen it before. Alas, it went kaput:

台灣的31冰淇淋[編輯]

台灣曾在1983年(民國72年)時引進31冰淇淋與唐先生甜甜圈,並掀起一陣進口連鎖冰淇淋品牌引進台灣的風潮[4],跟隨其進入的還包括了醉爾斯(Dreyer’s)、雙聖(Swensen’s)等牌子。相對於台灣當時主流的冰淇淋品牌,31冰淇淋初期引進時一球50元台幣的價位可以說是非常昂貴,因此業者打出「每逢31日就有31元特價」的促銷活動,而打響了品牌知名度。然而由於營運狀況不如預期,31冰淇淋與其兄弟品牌唐先生甜甜圈在引進台灣幾年後悄然下市。

2007年時,以紡織業起家、並且擁有連鎖超級市場「裕毛屋」的裕懋興業重新將31冰淇淋引進台灣;爾後於2009年脫離裕懋興業,成立三一冰淇淋股份有限公司。[5]。但與1983年時第一次引進的31冰淇淋不同的是,台灣三一冰淇淋這次引進的是日本31冰淇淋生產的冰淇淋,除了使用與日本31冰淇淋相同的品牌商標外(美國的31冰淇淋已於2006年時更新了企業識別標誌),包括冰淇淋的口味與可麗餅的銷售,也都與日本31雷同,展店初期也被視為日本31冰淇淋的海外分店。至2013年台灣共有13家分店[6],同年台灣三一冰淇淋也隨著日本31冰淇淋,更新商標至與美國31冰淇淋現用相同的2006年版商標。2014年年底因不敵超商霜淇淋風潮及總公司權利金和展店要求,再度退出台灣市場[7]。

You can get soft serve at McDonalds.

There’s something really wrong with the texture of the soft serve at Mickey D’s…like some kind of weird extruded foam product.

Peasants talking about soft serve. Step your game up.

This is what you need to eat.

CzJq22MXcAAC-eY

1 Like

Mmmmn… extruded foam…

I remember him from the 80s…not really my kind of thing

1 Like

G and V are very different letters, how did you screw that one up?

Vanilla fudge symphony sounds like some bizarre sex act.

1 Like

I’m assuming that’s NSFW. Excuse me while I take my phone into the men’s room…

i enjoyed it while it was here. the only one i knew about had a really shitty location though. really hard to find. meanwhile cold stone and hagendaz are everywhere and i’m not interested in the slightest…

Nothing “good” lasts here.
If it does not assimilate to local taste and price, then it is doomed to fail.

I want to see these companies make a come-back:

• Wendy’s (If Burger King can make it here, why couldn’t they? They were here before. Wendy’s is head and shoulders above Burger King Crap)

• Basken Robin’s 31 Flavors

• In N’ Out (They were here a few years back with a trial store)

• Dairy Queen (The full restaurant version this time, not just an ice cream shack)

I want to see these companies start up here:

Chipotle
Taco Bell
Trader Joe’s
Target
American Eagle Outfitters (Gap can make it, why can’t they?)

2 Likes

Unbelievable, I never heard anything about this…