Ratting out other foreigners

No, it doesn’t. It make you a person who is MINDING YOUR OWN BUSINESS! :bluemad:
What are these people doing that is hurting you?[/quote]

Nothing, but does that mean I should just turn a blind eye to every thing that might be illegal? I see somebody trashing your vehicle and stealing your wallet… oh well never mind, none of my business right?

What are you so mad about? I just laugh at those who think that because of their white race they are above the laws of the country they live in, and I should support them because of their race.

Being called a race traitor, that’s from low life bigots who think they are better than everybody else. These pm’s are from complete strangers, so wtf do their delusions of importance have to do with me? Some of them claim they are providing an important service to TAiwan by teaching English here :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: .

If you had ever bothered reading my posts you would see where I am in support of qualified teachers teaching English to kindy kids.

New World Order? This isnt a new law? It’s just one not properly enforced and one you can ignore at your own peril.

I know if I taught at a kindy at least I wouldn’t be deported :wink:

No, it doesn’t. It make you a person who is MINDING YOUR OWN BUSINESS! :bluemad:
What are these people doing that is hurting you?[/quote]

Nothing, but does that mean I should just turn a blind eye to every thing that might be illegal? I see somebody trashing your vehicle and stealing your wallet… oh well never mind, none of my business right?

What are you so mad about? I just laugh at those who think that because of their white race they are above the laws of the country they live in, and I should support them because of their race.

Being called a race traitor, that’s from low life bigots who think they are better than everybody else. These pm’s are from complete strangers, so wtf do their delusions of importance have to do with me? Some of them claim they are providing an important service to Taiwan by teaching English here :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: .[/quote]

STV, it’s not about race, it’s about commonality, a kind of “We’re-all-in-the-same-boat” kind of thing, as foreigners in Taiwan.

And not all crimes are the same: obviously someone trashing your car or stealing your wallet is doing obvious personal harm to you. It is clearly malicious. But working illegally in a kindy that is run by locals who know they are breaking the law? This is very different.

I don’t want to get into a battle. You can admit. Many poor slobs go to work for a reputable employer are asked to work illegally for a short time until the paperwork arrives or are asked to work at a different location from said arc.

I have sympathy for that boy in the OP’s story who was used as a pawn, in a battle against against an abusive employer.

He did not want to work in a Kindie, smart person. I’m sure he was badgered by the boss. Perhaps a he was even given formal hearing before being docked of pay. He should have simply quietly recorded one of the many times he was asked. He could have recorded his managers response saying “You think too much” or “Everyone is doing it”.

Later, a little meeting with the mp3 file, a document showing the relevant rule in English and Chinese and the number of the contact person in the government who he’d suppose to report it to. All that complainer needed to do then was whip out his cell phone and say… I’ll make the call now. He would probably have had a good negotiation session. He need not go taking pictures of other people. It’s the cops job to discover evidence. They probably already knew what was happening.
I do feel sorry for that poor guy in the original post. Stupidity and ignorance does deserve compassion. Intentional blindness does not.

So it’s not an important service? Taiwanese spending lots of money to learn English, not because it’s important for them to do business with globalized companies in English or pass their TOEFL or IELTS, but they just feel that cash burning a hole in their pocket? That doesn’t sound right dude.

Anyway, why would you want to belittle English teachers? Seems more important than satellite dishes over cable if you ask me.

[quote=“BigJohn”]STV, it’s not about race, it’s about commonality, a kind of “We’re-all-in-the-same-boat” kind of thing, as foreigners in Taiwan.

And not all crimes are the same: obviously someone trashing your car or stealing your wallet is doing obvious personal harm to you. It is clearly malicious. But working illegally in a kindy that is run by locals who know they are breaking the law? This is very different.[/quote]

Yeah and what kind of boat are we all in then eh? By the way what do I share in common with other foreigners here? Sweet fuck all except maybe for my skin colour. Somebody stealing your wallet or your laptop or whatever doesn’t do me any harm at all. So why should I care then. You can replace a laptop or a wallet.

If people want to work illegally, then they shouldn’t cry about it when they get caught and get deported.

I won’t shed a tear over that and neither will you.

These people are adults supposedly, so if they want to break the law thats up to them. You won’t shed a tear if I do something illegal and get caught.

So obviously some crimes are better than others, I mean after all, it doesnt affect anybody else really it doesn’t, right?

So it’s not an important service? Taiwanese spending lots of money to learn English, not because it’s important for them to do business with globalized companies in English or pass their TOEFL or IELTS, but they just feel that cash burning a hole in their pocket? That doesn’t sound right dude.

Anyway, why would you want to belittle English teachers? Seems more important than satellite dishes over cable if you ask me.[/quote]

My laughing post was in response to those sending pm’s to me calling me a race traitor for being willing to work for the FAP and catch them teaching at Kindergartens. If I had to make a living and that was a good viable source of income, what would be wrong with providing that service? After all it would be an important service to Taiwan, right?

Not belittling English Teachers, I have many clients who are English teachers. They are just employees in a business and provide an important function to a company, not Taiwan. The business of teaching English. I just provide a service to people willing to burn up that cash in their pockets too. I really can’t help laugh when some newbie arrives in Taiwan and then bitterly complains that Taiwan cable actually has… well… Chinese content. Or that the boxes they have come with Chinese menus, or when a returning Taiwanese who has been away for 15 years suddenly finds the local TV to much to bear.

TV is far more important then teaching English in Taiwan. Just look at how many people have TV to the numbers that study English. But what I do is not important to Taiwan, only to my own business.

[quote=“Whole Lotta Lotta”]When I first came to Taiwan, it was the wild west. You could generally do a lot of things that you wanted to do and not worry too much. If you were working at a kindergarten, the school would pretty much just say don’t show up for work on the day the inspectors arrive. A lot of the legal jobs were only offering a few hours a week and it was neccessary to take addtional work just to get by. It was a nice break from North America were they were regulating everything to death. Here it was you just did what you need to do and you didn’t think about it too much :laughing: . Now hings are getting to be more and more like they are back in the states with big government wanting to come in and control everything.
Parents wanted foreigners teaching their kindergarten aged children English and the schools went out and got it for them. Nowadays the thinking is that we have this law on the books so we should enforce it. The government is trying to control people’s lives. It’s all part of the coming New World Order :raspberry: .[/quote]

Yeah the good ole days of no labour law, rampant pollution and poverty. Miss them too…

What sort of reputable employer asks you to do something illegal? Would you do something illegal for an employer on a daily basis in your home country?

People do it because they think there are no consequences, because it’s everybody else who gets caught, not them.

The Language school whose name shares the name of a big American gas company did. The language school whose name is an other name for happiness did. For that matter I think they still do when you are waiting for the paperwork to be finalized they don’t give you a vacation. I think they put you to work. It’s been a long time … . I could be wrong.

BigJon : Seems more important than satellite dishes over cable if you ask me.
Blasmephy Blasmephy… Television is the source of all light
"A book…What’s wrong with the TV? We’ve got a nice TV and now you come looking for a book… " Roald Dahl

This thread has run its course. Feel free to start a new one if anyone still wants to discuss the issue, but I’ll point out that most of the issues being raised now have been covered at length earlier in the thread.