Re: Battleground God

Here’s an interesting quiz/game that will challenge your belief in God (or lack thereof) with your rational thinking abilities … very interesting …

philosophers.co.uk/games/god.htm

I got a medal of distinction. No direct hits but I bit one bullet.

I don’t believe one’s beliefs have to be rationally consistent. It also seems possible to me that someone could ‘take hits’ on this quiz even thouhg they answered with some sort of rational consistency the authors hadn’t thought of.

That said, I got this:

Congratulations!
You have been awarded the TPM medal of honour! This is our highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity neither being hit nor biting a bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and very well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. You would have bitten bullets had you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, you avoided both these fates - and in doing so qualify for our highest award. A fine achievement!

I think the quiz really doesn’t allow for all possible thought patterns or answers. It leaves out choice and free will and many other important points.

[quote]Congratulations!
You have been awarded the TPM service medal! This is our third highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you have progressed through this activity without suffering many hits suggests that whilst there are inconsistencies in your beliefs about God, on the whole they are well thought-out.

The direct hits you suffered occurred where your answers implied logical contradictions. You did bite a number of bullets. These occurred because you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. At the bottom of this page, we have reproduced the analyses of your direct hits and bitten bullets.

The fact that you did not suffer many hits means that you qualify for our third highest award. Well done![/quote]

one hit, the loch ness/atheism is faith contradiction. is the creator of the world the same as a monster hiding deep in a lake? OK, I’m going to go back to not thinking about it now :slight_smile:

So what does it mean if I cheated while playing? If you ask me, that should be question #18

I cheated while playing this game because I felt that it would not reflect on my beliefs of the morality of God.

True or false?

You could catch people on the is God moral bit, reversible morality, etc.

After doing that quiz, I have been forced to change my mind. Sandman does not exist.

Hey! I already suggested this site in the “recommended websites” thread on Dec 4.

[quote=“Spack”]
philosophyquotes.net/cgi-bin/god_game1.cgi
Take this ‘test’ to see how consistent your philosophical point of view is toward God, atheism etc. I managed to get a silver award at the end. I tripped up near the end and the program pointed out my inconsistency according to my previous responses.[/quote]

Do I get a special prize?

Okay, have G$100 on me…it’s very interesting in either case.

just because something can be justifiable doesn’t mean it’s justified in every case. that’s ridiculous. i don’t deserve to lose points for that.