Re: Okinawa Visa Trip

My ARC and residency visa will be expiring in the beginning of August, and I’m thinking of going to Okinawa to get my new visa (I’ll be going back to school to continue studying Chinese, and giving up on the English teaching thing for a while). Anyway, could someone please give me some information on making a visa trip to Okinawa. Where is the Taiwan Representative Office located? Is it far from the airport? How long does it take to get processed? I’m planning on staying for maybe 4 days or so, and visit some places, as I’ve always wanted to go to Okinawa. Any suggestions on places to go and/or things to do while I’m there? Also, do U.S. citizens need a visa from Japan for that short of a stay? (I’m assuming they have visa-free entry, but who knows). Thanks!!!

Taiwan Consulate: 3-21-1 Kumoji, Naha City, Okinawa, Japan 900-0015
Tel: (098) 862-7008

Source: The Essentials of Living in Urasoe City

U.S. citizens do not need a Japanese visa if staying less than 90 days.

Source: A Guide to Japanese Visas

Hey, I may also be heading out on a cheap/fun visa run this summer. What kinds of plane ticket rates have you been finding for Okinawa? Somebody told me it was pretty cheap. Also, I think I remember someone telling me about camping on the beach there (no hotel costs!)–has anybody tried this? Opinions?