Realistic to move to Taiwan after college?

Is going to Taiwan after college realistic? (This may seem far out, but please hear me out) I’m 18, F, Born and raised in California. My mom is taiwanese and my dad is Chinese. I can speak mandarin, know pinyin, and can read some characters, but can’t write much. I would also want to study Chinese there. I have family there, and love the taiwanese life and culture. I’ve been to taiwan 6 times and can get around by myself. I hear abcs are disliked, but I don’t try to flaunt american culture or my english… What are the chances of employers hiring an ABC like me who is not full taiwanese and can’t read/write much? Would an english teaching job/comm job generally pay a salary that could support living comfortably (rent, living needs, etc.)? I could also knock out the rent money by staying at my grandparents’ home in Taipei. So, overall, would it be realistic for me to make a living in Taiwan, or just go there for a few years to try it out? Thanks.

Why not give it a shot? Assuming you have TW citizenship, it should all be workable.
And if not, then you are restricted to teaching English. Which you can do.

1 Like

Not sure if your still on this forum but I believe if you take a few terms at MTC chinese learning center you will have good enough mandarin to get around and get a job.

1 Like