Really good dumpling restaurant

• Be cautious when handling toothpicks or skewers to avoid any injuries. Remove the toothpicks or skewers before eating the garlic and sausage combination.

Never run with a skewer or toothpick, and always keep the tip pointed at the floor… unless it is a double pointed toothpick. Then all rules go out the window and you are screwed.

Do we need @SuperS54 to go over there first and do a fact check on how good the dumplings are?

:nauseated_face:

Guy

This is the best dumpling place I’ve had in Taipei so far.

What made it good? What do you recommend ordering?

Guy

My mouth waters just thinking about this place:

1 Like

福鼎湯包店

台北市文山區興隆路三段112巷2弄13號
No. 13, Alley 2, Lane 112, Section 3, Xinglong Rd, Wenshan District, Taipei City, 116

https://maps.app.goo.gl/kXY8tceztzuqujhG7?g_st=ic

This one is a little or if the way for those who live in the center of Taipei. But if you’re ever near MRT Wanfang hospital, this dumpling restaurant is well worth the visit. It’s quite affordable too.

1 Like

where the taichung recommendations at

The ones I recommended is mainly that they have very good dumpling for the price. It may not be the best dumpling by absolute measure, but I think they are great for the price they charge for it (8nt each).

There are much better dumplings out there but the price per dumpling begins to climb the more famous (not necessarily good) they are.

It’s the same with McDonalds. They are successful not because they make good burgers. They are successful because they make average burgers at decent price.

Not in the Greater Taipei Restaurants forum.

1 Like

more likely to hear something here than in the dead zone of foreigner community that is Central Taiwan

Nope. It will be removed. It’s a rule violation. If you want to know about Taichung restaurants, then you need to post in Taichung Restaurants.

1 Like

How do you know?

It’d be nice if folks posted more details about what they like at these joints, what makes them good, what they recommend, why we could and should seek these places out. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

2 Likes

Don’t tickle him anymore! We all know that smashing solids into liquids causes splashing. Let sleeping dogs lie.

1 Like

Like a value score, price vs. quality.

There are plenty of “good” dumpling places that are extremely pricey simply because they are famous.

None of this is specific enough to make me want to cross over to Xinbei or travel to other neighbourhoods.

Tell me about fillings, about textures, about the style of the wrappers, about whether the vegetarian or nonvegetarian options are good.

I want more details not just “this place is cheap”! :joy:

Guy

1 Like

https://maps.app.goo.gl/DDvXiQ5KXxC22VsM9?g_st=ic

I like the fried dumplings here. The outside is thick and chewy. I always stop for some if I am driving to nearby.

Right next to the dirty rag place. Don’t go to the wrong one.

1 Like

How do you know?