Reasons for NWOHR getting TARC

@eatdrinktravellife look for marketing or Account Manager positions where they need people to support the LATAM region. Search on 104 for LATAM.

1 Like

Your options are basically the same as full blown foreigners
But you have 2 very distinct and great advantages

1. You can establish household registration after only 1 year making you a full blown citizen with all rights attached with a relatively short residency period.
  2. You do not need to renounce your current citizenship as part of the process. This is a ceiling many people can’t cross as their original countries don’t offer resumption.

And one minor advantage

You can hold a NWOHR ROC passport and are eligible for consular protection. Perhaps not as useful as your current passport but it does have visa free treatment for many places and is still better than many countries passports.

Even if it took you 5 years to find a job that will offer you a work permit, you would still be ahead of all other foreigners starting from scratch. (Or 3 years if comparing to those married to Taiwanese citizens)

Edit: you also don’t need to pass any naturalization test or proof of income as part of the process

2 Likes

yes, NWOHR need to start like foreigners, so it is hard, but then after one year of residence here it’s basically all settled for them.

Just the start is hard, for foreigners is all hard. Will is power!

1 Like

That’s not true. It’s extremely easy and inexpensive for a company in Taiwan to apply for a work permit for a foreigner. And even if you already have one, they still need to apply another one for you. Work permits are tied to a specific company.

And if you come here first and then look for a job and interview in person, your chances will increase.

2 Likes

If you work part time legally while studying you pay taxes, no?

You’ll probably not make enough to qualify for taxes lol. I have no idea actually but by the fifth year you have to make more than double the minimum salary a year.

Hmm well if you did earn enough to pay taxes, it still won’t count towards the residency time minimum.

NIA responded my email:

With regard to study and citizenship, our answer is as following: According to Article 9 and 10 of Immigration Act, a national without registered permanent residence in the Taiwan Area may apply for residence if he/she has been approved to study in the State by a central authority in charge of the field concerned.

However, the period of study time can not be counted in apply for permanent residence. If you want to apply for permanent residence, you may refer to the “Instructions for applying for Registered Permanent Residence as a Taiwan National without household registration who has met the required period of residence/continuous residence”

What email address did you send to? They didn’t reply to me

you need to fill the contact form in NIA website

The one that’s called Message to the director, or something like that?

https://bossmail.immigration.gov.tw/mail-box/mailindexEN.jsp

1 Like

Damn. Well, why isn’t that written in the law?

hi, how long does it takes to apply for TARC in teco manila?

you can’t apply for TARC while in Manila, it has to be done in Taiwan. There are immigration consultants that can might with some steps but still better for you to be personally in Taiwan.

For those who have NWOHR passport, I got a question:

The entry permit duration of stay expiration is from 3 - 6 months.
If I leave Taiwan, can I return the next day?

I believe you can apply for it through TECO (in Manila or elsewhere) prior to coming to Taiwan, and then your TARC card will be ready for you to pick up at the immigration agency when you arrive in Taiwan.

That’s how my friend did it, so her Taiwan residency officially began on the day she arrived.

I believe it depends on if you selected multiple entry in your application. Does it say “multiple entry” on your residency permit?

unless you experienced it yourself, I don’t think relaying 2nd hand information here would be any helpful to future applicants of TARC.

my TARC application involved going to NIA, medical check-up in NIA-authorized hospital and overseas affairs office, all of which require personal appearances.

you can apply for TARC from overseas. but, if the overseas is Manila, it must be much easier to do in Taiwan.

2 Likes