Recalling CSB

Recalliing CSB? I imagine that despite his failings, I will recall him fondly someday, as the president who ended the KMT goonsquad’s monopoly on power.

If CSB was really smart, he would capitalize on his achievement of ending the KMT’s monopoly on power by making Taiwan a better place. But instead of doing that, what did he achieve? He encouraged and intensified the strife between WSR and BSR, and exploited the divide for his own political gain; made Taiwan’s economy the lousiest it has been in decades; achieved a 20% popularity rating with a little more than two years left in his presidency; and left Taiwan isolated in the international community as never before.

I will recall him fondly for these achievements. :notworthy:

[quote=“reztrop”]If CSB was really smart, he would capitalize on his achievement of ending the KMT’s monopoly on power by making Taiwan a better place. But instead of doing that, what did he achieve? He encouraged and intensified the strife between WSR and BSR, and exploited the divide for his own political gain; made Taiwan’s economy the lousiest it has been in decades; achieved a 20% popularity rating with a little more than two years left in his presidency; and left Taiwan isolated in the international community as never before.

I will recall him fondly for these achievements. :notworthy:[/quote]

sadly, I could find no better alternative in those elections

It seemed to me like he’d read two things and ran with them:

1. China is a threat to Taiwan
  2. The KMT wants unification with China

See my other post in the BBC interview thread that I noticed after writing this one. The biggest issue for me was that the interviewer did not understand the ‘One China, Two Interpretations’ policy of the KMT and didn’t push on the referendum ‘veto’. The latter topic could have been great fun.

And come on, the Liberty Times…

[quote=“Feiren”][quote=“llary”]Haha, the NUC. I don’t even know where to start with that one.
Did anyone see the BBC4 interview with Ma, btw? I thought it was the funniest thing I’ve seen in ages. The interviewer was pretty clueless about the whole situation and Ma still managed to cock it up.
[/quote]

What does the interviewer say that makes you think he is clueless? I just read a letter today in the Liberty Times today praising him for being balanced and on top of the issues. I agree.[/quote]