Recalling CSB

chinapost.com.tw/i_latestdetail.asp?id=35928

This should be interesting a symbolic gesture by the KMT to recall CSB for his rash action in disbanding the NUC.

I wonder will they find an overweight intern with a stained blue dress when all is said in done.

Hopefully this will cause CSB to act more extreme and maybe people from his own party will support this recall measure.

Go! Go! Ma Ying-jeou!

Go! Go! Ma Ying-jeou!

I can’t wait for him to answer these questions:

[quote]1. If the U.S. believes that the NUC has not been “abolished”, then why are you making it such an issue? (Especially when there are other more important issues to take care of as many in your party are so fond of saying)

1. If your recall stunt fails, will you re-establish the functioning of the NUC if you are elected? [/quote]

Yeah - Why should the DPP have all the fun of having their proposals voted down by the legislature? It’s about time the KMT got in on the fun too.

Then again, Prez Chen is a big fan of referenda - perhaps he’d like to have a recall referendum …

I think you’ll find that a white stain on a blue background is more of a KMT thing :laughing:

a blue dress would make a hell of a better story than a green one though.

CSB has his eyes set on the Nobel Peace Prize.

Where’s the “ironic” tag when you need it?

Well, I recall shaking his hand on the TungHua Night Market when he was campaigning for Taipei City Mayor, dude’s got some SERIOUS skin oil issues…

Haha, the NUC. I don’t even know where to start with that one.

Did anyone see the BBC4 interview with Ma, btw? I thought it was the funniest thing I’ve seen in ages. The interviewer was pretty clueless about the whole situation and Ma still managed to cock it up.

Transcript: cleverclaire.blogspot.com/2006/0 … art-i.html

[quote=“ac_dropout”]http://www.chinapost.com.tw/i_latestdetail.asp?id=35928

This should be interesting a symbolic gesture by the KMT to recall CSB for his rash action in disbanding the NUC.

I wonder will they find an overweight intern with a stained blue dress when all is said in done.

Hopefully this will cause CSB to act more extreme and maybe people from his own party will support this recall measure.[/quote]

[quote=“llary”]Haha, the NUC. I don’t even know where to start with that one.
Did anyone see the BBC4 interview with Ma, btw? I thought it was the funniest thing I’ve seen in ages. The interviewer was pretty clueless about the whole situation and Ma still managed to cock it up.
[/quote]

What does the interviewer say that makes you think he is clueless? I just read a letter today in the Liberty Times today praising him for being balanced and on top of the issues. I agree.

Personally, I think the DPP should use that BBC interview in their 2008 campaign – over and over and over again.

Yeah that’s a really good idea. I can hear the comments now.

“Ma talking with a foriegner.”
“What are they saying?”
“Don’t know? But he’s talking to a foreigner in English, very impressive…”

I wouldn’t put it past the TI fanatics to edit the interview and put incorrect Chinese subtitles to mislead the public.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Yeah that’s a really good idea. I can hear the comments now.

“Ma talking with a foriegner.”
“What are they saying?”
“Don’t know? But he’s talking to a foreigner in English, very impressive…”

I wouldn’t put it past the TI fanatics to edit the interview and put incorrect Chinese subtitles to mislead the public.[/quote]

They don’t need incorrect subtitles. I think that’s the point, AC.

You mean like the famous “Ma is a Homosexual” DVD.
Real trustworthy people in the TI camp these days.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]You mean like the famous “Ma is a Homosexual” DVD.
Real trustworthy people in the TI camp these days.[/quote]

No, I mean the BBC interview.

The one where he can’t decide between his mommy-land or the will of the Taiwanese people.

A quick question - in the case of an impeachment, would the vice president become president? If not, maybe Lien Chan could run again… :unamused:

Oh my God!

Don’t give him any ideas!

Stop_ma,

Maybe you percieved it as such. But most people had Feiren’s opinion. It was a well balanced view of the realities on Taiwan.

If you’re going to use the interview to stress improper prounciation, misused terms, or grammatical structure, I’m sure you’ll have a field day reinforcing the negative stereotype of Asians speaking English as a second language. “Me love you long time, GI.”

If you want footage of Ma making contradictions just look in the Chinese media. The guy is on TV everyday in Taiwan. Anyone with the time to get all the footage for about a month, could probably twist Ma’s talking head to say anything.

But what’s the point? He’s platform is pretty consistent as it is. Unless you have a magic bullet, like he says “Satan” when played backwards, it just end up as a nightmarket DVD. Which of make TI looks so professional about politics on Taiwan.

Everyone knows any ROC citizen with WSR influence is going to sell out the BSR Taiwanlangs at a drop of a hat, you’re going to need to come up with something more original than that.

I’m on your side for this one. Ma has been my love rival since I hit puberty. So anything to knock him down a few notches in the eyes of Taiwanese, especially the women folk, is OK by me.

Keep believing that, AC. Please do!

Full-speed ahead on the recall, too!

I sure hope his advisors have the same perceptions you do.

Don’t worry if the DPP was willing to hire a guy of my caliber, I’m sure my counterpart is working for the KMT right now.

I guess that a national referendum over this matter will only increase the ammount of bS.

What CSB and the DPP should be focusing now should be in closing all the “jobs the boys” commitees - this way they would make the proposal more reasonable in a budget cutting policy. Maybe then, people wouldn’t make it as such a big thing.
Anyone has ideas for more dead comittees that need to be cut?