Receiving Aliexpress shipments

It won’t accept the picture, or the information in the next step is rejected? If the second, set the expiration date to Dec 31, 2099 whether you plan to live past that or not.

I email them and they respond same day.
They have English customer care through email :+1:

1 Like

This. Front of ID, no problem, but it never accepts the back.

I must be an idiot because I’ve looked through every page of the app and cannot find an email address. When I click “Contact Us” it wants me to enter an email address and password to log into my email account. I’m already logged into my email account on my phone. Why would I do that again from their site; it seems like they’re trying to mine my password or something.

I’ve looked through all of their FAQs and Help stuff and there isn’t one question about not being able to register.

It’s all so stupid.

Just yesterday I updated my information. It accepted the back of the card without any problem.

However, I totally agree with other posters who claim that the system tells you to contact customer service but offers no number or contact information. There’s a phone number that is provided, but there is no email address that is given. This is quite unfortunate and very inconvenient.

nobody in Taiwan ever answers emails. Especially in English.

You’ve probably tried everything, but use a white background and get the edges of the card as close as possible to the edges of the guidelines on your phone screen. The back seems to be more important than the front because it reads the bar code and other information to verify your identity. Some phones get the focus stuck, so you may need to start again.

Guys! The email address is ezway@tradevan.com.tw

and yes they will respond in English. I’ve had quite a few back and forth emails with them. Lol.

To be honest, I just ignore the ezway thing. Sometimes courier delivers. Sometimes i just give my info at the courier’s office.

Would not surprise me, their shipping is painfully slow. A couple of times I ordered some cheap items from Ali Express then by the time I received them I had already forgotten that I had ordered them.

1 Like

Ordered Aliexpress delivery to Taiwan. 8 days after order it says the package moved from a Chinese sorting centre to a Singaporean one. 3 Days later it looks like it’s still in Singapore. No message that it has departed Singapore anyway.

Seems like a really expensive way for a package to move 300km.

3 Likes

If you buy electonics…laptop, tablet…from Aliexpress are there heavy taxes added on later?

If you are buying from China, buy from Taobao. Aliexpress is often more expensive as they are for export.

But make sure you find a private shipper. I can recommend one.

They make it so you don’t end up with huge tax added. The problem is warranty. If you need warranty work you must send it back to China and I have no idea how to do this cheaply, and I heard Chinese customs do not like stuff going back for ANY reason.

Meaning if you buy a laptop or tablet from China and it needs warranty work, you are shit out of luck.

That’s why I just buy any Xiaomi products in Taiwan even if it ends up more expensive, from a xiaomi store.

Another thing is, there’s no guarantee that you won’t end up buying factory seconds buying from China. If you buy from a physical store there you have better safety.

I like Lenovo. And on Shopee a tablet that costs 13k is only 6k on Aliexpress.

I LOVE the Lenovo Pad Pro. It’s OLED and amazing. I’ll probably never get an OLED TV, but with the Lenovo tablet I still get to experience OLED.

Just tried TaoBao for the first time. Can’t register. Can’t search for products. When I try to register it has puzzles I need to complete to prove I’m not a robot…but they are in Chinese and Chrome won’t translate them.

Can’t sign in…can’t search for products. Not very useful.

I picked up the Gigabyte FO48U 48" OLED Monitor for about $700 US when it was on sale, Amazon usually tells you if you will or will not pay taxes on import.

If you don’t import much, you might not be dinged for taxes at all. I think everyone gets like six free imports up to a certain amount.

Yea, taobao is Chinese only, sorry about that. AliExpress is for selling to foreigners. I’ve found products on AliExpress that I couldn’t find on taobao though, I just have it directed to the shipping forwarder in china because it’s easier than getting dinged on taxes, and certain products like powders and liquids could only go through the forwarder.

But I stand by my caution against buying electronics from taobao unless the seller is an authorized dealer for the product in question.

Unless something has changed or there are some other exceptions, that amount is pretty low - NT$2k up to six times in every half-year period.

https://web.customs.gov.tw/etaipei/singlehtml/1366?cntId=cus12_86106_1366

(I thought NT$2k was the total for each half-year period, but it seems to be per package. Not sure.)

The forwarder I deal with can include tax, 2rmb per kg. Laptops don’t weight that much. It’s good insurance.

Yeah, you’ve said before. I don’t know what’s going on there or why it would be excluded from this, but I don’t use Taobao anyway.

They pay any tax that gets assessed. Most the time they can get it so no tax get assessed so they make profit from it. Every time I opted not yo prepay tax like this I get assessed it and have to pay, so I might as well.