Recipes for New Year dried sausages

You know the type, the ones they give out as gifts this time of the year. I still have a box from last year in the freezer :astonished: , and I just received another package as a gift. Aside from cutting them to accompany a meal of rice and stuff, what else can I do with them? Fried rice? They certainly do not go well with beans… Any suggestions/recipes?

The black ones on top of a tomato and onion salad with balsamic vinegar and a loaf of french bread

I gotta fry them first, right? I am thinking this because I can’t have onion and tomato uncooked, so, maybe not a salad but a sandwich filler. How does that sound?

They are the red/white ones. Those black ones… there is a place on Zhongxin North road that does them on a bientang, yummy yummy.

[quote=“Icon”]
I gotta fry them first, right?[/quote]

Nah steam them. I don’t think they’re ever fried.

Ouch that would kill me. What and like fry the tomatoes and onions? They’re pretty toothy sausages for a sandwich. You’d have to slice them up first. Sounds good though :slight_smile:

I only like the black ones :slight_smile: I can’t think of much else to do with them, either one. Fine with rice and vegetables anyway. I guess you could stick them in fried rice like you said. You’d still have to steam them first.