Recommend a Treadmill

We’re thinking of getting a treadmill with a budget of around 20~30k. It should be able to fold up, incline automatically and go at least 16km/h (10m/h) although 18~20km/h would be better. Other important considerations are reliability and length of guarantee.

Any recommendations? Anyone have something similar that they want to get rid of?

Thanks!

I really wouldn’t bother. You need to spend at least 70K to get something that won’t fall to bits the first time you use it. It’s easy enough to make a machine that pulls a belt around a motor pulley. It’s less easy to make one that will survive hours of foot-pounding.

Johnson’s Matrix range is good, but not cheap.

I’d second that.

Commercial models: Sturdy frame / powerful motor / even running platform / wide tread / quiet / good suspension / built to last / good speed control / etc. But these cost 3 or 4 times your budget.

Home models: I’ve only experienced and heard negative things about them. I’d be interested to hear if anyone really can recommend a good one?

Good luck. Let us know what you get and how it performs.

Sorry I third that. Only the commercial ones are up for the job and the cost is high.

Ok, I didn’t want to get into specifics about what we are considering, but seeing as no one’s making real suggestions, I will.

A friend who runs an hour a day is on her second 'mill. The first was a cheapo (less than 10k) version and broke within a month. After that, she got a BH which she loves. We’re looking at the T1 and F1 models. They are both around 28k and fit my above specs.

Does anyone have any meaningful experience with these machines or similar ones?

Thanks again!

Mine is a cheapo I bought for 9K two years ago. Still OK. Non descript brand, called in for service once -needed some oil. Will probably need new “band” soon. It is foldable, taked very little space, but weights a ton. It is also the most basic model, no bells and whisltles It is getting less use now that I’ve got the elliptical. It is very noisy, too.

Where I got my elliptical, Takashima store in Danshui, they also had pretty nice treadmills. If I didn’t have mine, I’d take theirs. Here some:

buy.yahoo.com.tw/gdsale/gdsale.asp?gdid=1716352

shopping.pchome.com.tw/?mod=item … M&ROWNO=19

shopping.pchome.com.tw/?mod=stor … _NO=CBAF36

IMHO, the elliptical is a better choice, more effort, more exercise, upper and lower body have to move. And it is within your budget. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Icon”]Mine is a cheapo I bought for 9K two years ago. Still OK. Non descript brand, called in for service once -needed some oil. Will probably need new “band” soon. It is foldable, taked very little space, but weights a ton. It is also the most basic model, no bells and whisltles It is getting less use now that I’ve got the elliptical. It is very noisy, too.

Where I got my elliptical, Takashima store in Danshui, they also had pretty nice treadmills. If I didn’t have mine, I’d take theirs. Here some:

buy.yahoo.com.tw/gdsale/gdsale.asp?gdid=1716352

shopping.pchome.com.tw/?mod=item … M&ROWNO=19

shopping.pchome.com.tw/?mod=stor … _NO=CBAF36

IMHO, the elliptical is a better choice, more effort, more exercise, upper and lower body have to move. And it is within your budget. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Thanks for the reply! Definitely looks like there are some decent options there… Does anyone have any experience with the Takasima brand?

If you can, go try the machine at the Takashima Danshui store. The store is like 5 minutes away from the Danshui MRT station, on Zhongzheng Road, across from the big boat. They have several treadmill models. The guy usually invites you to use the massage chair afterwards… Ahhhh… Now that is something I’d buy with some extra cash…

My coworker has had their treadmill for about 4, maybe 5 years now. No problem with service.

Teaching.

We ended up getting the BH aero. It’s in English and Chinese, has a 2-guarantee on the whole thing and 5 on the motor. Top speed of 18km/h and all the other usual functions… cost 28k.

How is it holding up?

Anyone have other good experiences with treadmills?

Still as new. I prefer running outdoors so have only used it a few times and my wife has been less committed than she originally planned to be… 5 times a week! haha

Still as new. I prefer running outdoors so have only used it a few times and my wife has been less committed than she originally planned to be… 5 times a week! haha