Recommend reliable local domain hosting

Wanted, reliable and not too expensive local domain hosting. Prefer foreign run, or at least solid local company with an English Website and English speaking staff.

Just curious. Do you really need a local service? You have the whole world market to choose from. I use Dotster which is run out of Vancouver and the servers are somewhere around Seattle.

One benefit of having a local host would be the time zone factor when you want real-time support, in which case you could also consider Australia or Hong Kong. Personally I wouldn’t set one up in Asia because of possible network problems during typhoons and earthquakes. The most competitive prices and solid service seems to be Northwest USA.

International means using a credit card, which I don’t have and don’t want. Local means I can actually find the guy responsible for my stuff, and talk with him when I’m awake (it also means I can arrange a convenient monthly bank transfer). This isn’t for business, it’s just for some personal space, so if it’s not online 24/7/365 that’s no big deal.

On the other hand, I do have an Australian bank account, and they’re in the same timezone and speak the same language. I hadn’t considered that actually. I might talk to some mates. Thanks for making me think around a bit.

[quote=“Fortigurn”]International means using a credit card, which I don’t have and don’t want. Local means I can actually find the guy responsible for my stuff, and talk with him when I’m awake (it also means I can arrange a convenient monthly bank transfer). This isn’t for business, it’s just for some personal space, so if it’s not online 24/7/365 that’s no big deal.

On the other hand, I do have an Australian bank account, and they’re in the same timezone and speak the same language. I hadn’t considered that actually. I might talk to some mates. Thanks for making me think around a bit.[/quote]

Ok. I can host websites with multiple content management systems. If you need any help, pm me.

Thanks CP, I’ll PM you.