Recommendations for a high-end restaurant to take a family near Taipei Main Station

How did you like it?

Guy

I mean, I booked a table. I won’t be in Taiwan until next month. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gotcha! Safe journeys!

Guy

1 Like

It’s a chain, and is not super high-end, but the food is good, and there is one across street from the Taipei Main Station:
Dian Shui Lou (點水樓)

There is also a pretty great vegetarian buffet called Fruitfulfood (果然匯).

There’s one in Banqiao and one in an department store on Zhongxiao East road, pretty much next to the Zhongxiao Dunhua station.

https://goo.gl/maps/SETi2C7XcVJB1VEJ9

Again, very popular, so reservation is probably required.

I find it interesting as well. Especially how many “well off” vegetarians there are. On top of that, just how common it is for meat eaters to be absolutely fine eating vegetarian meals now and then.

1 Like

Why is Serenity’s beer non-alcoholic? Is that another Buddhist thing?

Perhaps for family type atmosphere? it is getting more common now that Taiwan has more options. sushi express also serves 0% Heineken. Not all bad, to avoid the inevitable once a week type problems with drunks.

No idea about that restaraunt. But I kind of like sitting at places that dont have people drinking alcohol if I am with the family :slight_smile: I just wish I could have a beer…

Sushi Express has a once a week problem with drunks?

1 Like

I personally can’t imagine wanting to eat at Sushi Express when thinking clearly and sober. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

2 Likes

Different levels of Buddhist vows do include swearing off alcohol, so that may be the reason.

1 Like

Nah, they just serve alcohol free beer. separate point was: eateries deal with a ton of drunken retards. Once a week was just extending an olive branch I guess…for the drunktards :slight_smile: Probably far more often than once a week for many shops.

Interested to know more on that one. Seems plausible.

There are 2 betel nut shops near me that dont sell alcohol either. but they were for more personal reasons ( 1 is sober the other had a family death). I think if a place doesnt serve alcohol, there is a good reason. Probably polite not to push I guess.

1 Like

Have you ever had to deal with drunks in Sushi Express?

I’m not suggesting it’s never happened, but it seems unlikely.

Please re read what I posted above. alcohol free meaning non alcoholic beer, not free beer! :joy:

Thus, no, not many drunks in sushi express drinking the non alcoholic beers.

Have I seen wild drunks in restaraunts serving alcohol? yes, on the regular. It is annoying, as a customer. I cant imagine the level of patience involved owning a restaraunt, nevermind a bbq/bar/related.

Are you suggesting alcohol free beer in every establishment?

Not sure any vegetarian restaurants would take whole families - meat generally isn’t on the menu, especially human meat :woozy_face:

Not at all. However, if that is the reason for a shop not serving booze, I 100% understand! If it is a god thing, I dont understand but I am 100% OK with it because that’s their right to run the shop that way.

Have you been drinking?

haha. Being OK with shops not wanting alcohol means I am drunk? Color me intrigued!