Recommendations for window safety with toddlers

My home is pretty high up in a multi floor building. It has floor to ceiling windows. Two panes on the bottom and two panes on top. The top windows are out of reach and they have safety locks, thank goodness. I am not concerned about those…yet. I am concerned about lower window safety, especially having toddlers who crash into things and bang toys on things. Accidents happen and falling out a window is a big worry.

This is not my home, nor is that my kid. Just an example of which window I am talking about.
Capture

I do not want exterior bars. Those are out of the question.
However, I saw these interior removable safety bars online.

Does anyone know if something like this is available in Taiwan? If so, please point me in the right direction. Other suggestions for window safety are also welcome.

I don’t know where you could get something like those guards, but the places that put together the exterior bars could make you a set similar to that, on the inside. Here are some other options:
Set up some toy bins to block the lower window, ideally something that couldn’t easily be climbed to reach the upper windows. (e.g. something not strong enough to climb)

Get a sheet of clear acrylic, and cover the lower window with it, screwed in place with plastic wall anchors.

1 Like

Our jam some extendable shower curtain rods between the walls framing the windows, as bars.

Two reasons why this won’t work.

1. Those will be horizontal and make for a perfect ladder up to the upper windows, which open.
  2. A shower curtain rod can easily fall out of place if someone falls into it or slams up against it.

Good points.Some toddlers can pretty adventurous.