Recording/Sound Studio?

I am pretty sure there was one of you 'umosans that has a recording studio. After a fruitless search, I guess I need to post it here.

Anyone got any info or recommendations?

First we will need a list of what all you will be needing.
Do you need a sound engineer supplied or do you have your own
what style of music (this effects which style of studio you need)
You do have your own instruments, right?
How much are you looking to pay.
Will you be doing your own editing or will you need this also provided.

???

What all do you need.?

Or I could have always gone the classical Fob response and told you to go ask the fine folks at Riverside…

Thanks for the reply SaF.

It’s not for music. Text and maybe some SFX. I will need an engineer. I will need post-pro editing. Hopefully not too much. :sunglasses:

I have asked. Waiting for reply. Will let you know…

Also, though. Which location?

These guys do some digital recording, usually of music, but I guess they could do just voice & effects. They’re also a small label (Up & Down Records) Shouldn’t be too expensive as it’s not really top-of-the-line or anything:

UD Music
No. 40, Lane 181, Chung Hsiao East Rd., Sec. 4

I can get the phone number too, don’t have it now though … Xpet.

you could try the guys over at midimall… they and/or their partners do recording, engineering and post work for jingles, commercials, music, you name it… they also sell a lot of cool gear…

http://shop.midimall.com.tw/

I can do digital recordings on my laptop. It’s nice for making demo CDs.

Anyone know of recording studios in Taipei?

I know of a private studio, Studio 9 that is willing to charge a quite affordable fixed fee for digital recording of a set number of songs, including mixing and everything. Last I remember, it was $5000 for three songs, assuming about one day per song to record all tracks, staying in the studio for that day until the song is completely tracked. If you need to record a demo for your band, you might try it out. 02-3365-3376. They might speak English, but then again, they might not.

If you’re doing or a larger project or something that may cost quite a bit, and you’re willing to travel, you might want to check out southern Taiwan. I have good relationships with two of the top studios in Kaohsiung. Could possibly save you money. If smaller, then Taipei might be best.

What kind of project are you doing?

oZzo

[quote=“ozzo”]If you’re doing or a larger project or something that may cost quite a bit, and you’re willing to travel, you might want to check out southern Taiwan. I have good relationships with two of the top studios in Kaohsiung. Could possibly save you money. If smaller, then Taipei might be best.

What kind of project are you doing?

oZzo[/quote]

Sure if you could send me the contact details/website of the Kaohsiung studios it would be helpful as it doesn’t matter where the studio is…

emphasis on the term “professional.” i need to find (ideally) a 2" analog studio with a good room, decent mics and outboard gear. i’m used to Studer/Otari/3M/MCI etc., API/Neve/MCI, etc… i have an album to record for a Thai band and i don’t want to have to take them out of Taiwan just to do the record. all i’ve been shown thus far are some very amateurish PC based systems that are completely useless for real recording. i did hear of one 2" place in Kaohsiung, but i can’t find it. can anyone please recommend a high level recording studio? thanks.

i’ve decided to build my own studio. 32 track digital. hardware, no mouse mixing for me.

good for you, keep it old school

You can’t front on Pro Tools environments though, makes life sooooo much easier!

[quote=“locdogjr”]good for you, keep it old school

You can’t front on Pro Tools environments though, makes life sooooo much easier![/quote]

oh yeah i can. i remember when that shit first came out. a couple of years later people finally realized the phase damage that wasn’t taken into account. brilliant! i hate mixing with a mouse. sorry but i am old school and mixing on a computer screen is rather limiting.

And you know who to call when you want photos of the recording. :wink:

yes, i certainly do!

In a small lane in the neighborhood of the Confucius temple there’s a small performance hall with very nice acoustics. (There’s even a coffee shop in the foyer.) I believe it’s also set up as a professional recording studio, mainly for classical music.

I haven’t been there in many years and have forgotten the name. The Forum? Anybody know this place?

Does anyone know of a Recording/Sound Studio I could rent by the hour in Taipei? It doesn’t have to be fancy, just soundproof and quiet.

Thanks!

toogus