Registered company address/representatives on forms, letters

Hi, anybody of you lawyers know whether it’s obligatory for ROC registered companies to state their registered company address and/or company representatives on their coporate forms, letters, invoices etc.? Thanks!

No such requirement.

You need ot have a registered address - my address is in my in-laws old house. We had to make an office with telephones, computers etc. for when the taxman came out to ckeck - utter rubbish off course, but we could not register where we live, due to the fact that our landlord does not permit it.

Thanks for the quick replies! Mr He, sure, companies need to have a registered address and I’m sure we do, the question is whether there is a requirement to show this address or the registered company representative (e.g. board members for an Inc.) on the company stationary, invoices etc.?

Funny story, setting up a fake office at your in-law’s house! So they actually came by to check?

Tigerman, could you give me a source for that (ROC Company Law?), or is it just accepted general practice?

They haven’t come by yet, but a chair, a table a NB PC, a printer, and a fake telephone line and you are set. Remember a name plate as well.

I think that would be like trying to prove a negative. I asked one of my colleagues in our corporate practice section… she told me there is no such requirement. I trust her and I believe her. If there was such a requirement, it would be much easier to ascertain who is the responsible person of a company and where is the company located… as it is, when seeking to ascertain this information, we frequently need to engage the services of a private credit investigator.

You’re right, dumb question … IF there were a provision stating that such information had to be included on coporate forms etc., where would I find it?

Most likely in the Company Law and or in the enforcement regulations for the Company Law.

Thanks! Xpet.

[quote=“Xpet”]Thanks for the quick replies! Mr He, sure, companies need to have a registered address and I’m sure we do, the question is whether there is a requirement to show this address or the registered company representative (e.g. board members for an Inc.) on the company stationary, invoices etc.?

Funny story, setting up a fake office at your in-law’s house! So they actually came by to check?[/quote]

They came to check before the “office” was set up, and stopped the registration until an explanation has been given.

When we explained that we were just starting and they saw a foreigner telling them that he wanted to do export, they lost all interest in checking us and mailed us the rest of the paperwork instead.

Well, at least I got to have a fake office for a week.

If I may ask: what are you exporting? I’m always interested to hear what other people do as I’m looking for ways out of life as a “corporate citizen” … Thanks, Xpet.