Regulation to bring dogs to Taiwan

Dear all,

I might move to Taiwan within this year, in my hometown I have 2 dogs. I couldn’t leave them, I want to bring them stay together with me in Taiwan.
Does anyone here know how should I do to take care of this things? Is there any special regulation ?

Thanks in advance

It’s very difficult to import dogs in Taiwan due to strict rabies regulation. You will need to prepare at least 6 months in advance to bring them here unless they do not have a microchip implanted. If they don’t have a microchip, they will need to wait 210 days after a chip is implanted. They must wait 6 months after a rabies shot, and when they land in Taiwan, they will have to be in quarantine for 3 more weeks.
Here is a website with more information
petrelocation.com/resources/ … ons/taiwan

[quote=“Andrew0409”]It’s very difficult to import dogs in Taiwan due to strict rabies regulation. You will need to prepare at least 6 months in advance to bring them here unless they do not have a microchip implanted. If they don’t have a microchip, they will need to wait 210 days after a chip is implanted. They must wait 6 months after a rabies shot, and when they land in Taiwan, they will have to be in quarantine for 3 more weeks.
petrelocation.com/resources/ … ons/taiwan[/quote]

Dear Andrew,

I don’t understand about microchip, but I think my dogs don’t have that things…
I will check the link that you gave.

Thank you for your help.

[quote=“RinChen”][quote=“Andrew0409”]It’s very difficult to import dogs in Taiwan due to strict rabies regulation. You will need to prepare at least 6 months in advance to bring them here unless they do not have a microchip implanted. If they don’t have a microchip, they will need to wait 210 days after a chip is implanted. They must wait 6 months after a rabies shot, and when they land in Taiwan, they will have to be in quarantine for 3 more weeks.
petrelocation.com/resources/ … ons/taiwan[/quote]

Dear Andrew,

I don’t understand about microchip, but I think my dogs don’t have that things…
I will check the link that you gave.

Thank you for your help.[/quote]

Microchips are implanted (put inside the dog) for identification. They can scan the dog and his or her information will come up.