Rehoming a 2 year old male cat for a friend

Hello,

I took in a cat for a friend of mine prior to him moving to the Philippines. He is slated to return in 6 months, and I was planning to watch the cat for him. I have had many cats in my life, watched people’s cats for long periods of time, etc, never had an issue. But for some reason, this cat dislikes me. He is super sweet and affectionate towards my boyfriend, but just hates me.

So obviously, I am hoping to rehome him. When I approached the issue with my friend, he essentially told me to find a shelter or a new home. I’m not having loads of luck finding a no kill shelter, and I am just tired of being worried about coming home to this cat.

I have toys and food for him, which I would gladly give you.

I am in Taoyuan City, but I can journey with the cat and his stuff. He was once toilet trained, but moving to a new home has scared that out of him. I do not doubt that could be done again though. He is currently taking some medication, but it gets mixed in with his food. He is 2 years old and was once a street cat. His name is Tako.

Please let me know if you are interested. He is not a bad cat, he just hates me, and in general seems to have a strong preference for men. He is neutered.