Relaxing plant-filled café along bike path

Today I took a different route on my bike ride and discovered this really nice café, 朝顏屋 3.2K. There are hundreds of plants inside which seem to relax my lungs as well as my mind.

Google Maps: https://maps.app.goo.gl/VaqyMrFrCaUVVbo5A

10 Likes

Looks nice, google maps is saying there is a bike path from taoyuan station to that place. And the path keeps going? How far can it be rode?

Beautiful! One of the things I love in Taiwan. Random trips one can stumble upon a random paradise, almost garaunteed!

Probably less important. But, how was the food?

1 Like

The bike path actually starts here from the south

Google maps shows it continuing towards the train station but it’s a pedestrian-only path from that point.

Going north, once you pass the café, the bike path continues 13km to this point currently:

They’re in the process of extending it but it wasn’t ready yet the last time I checked. I think the plan is to take it all the way to the coast.

2 Likes

I just had a bagel and latte which were good. I might try a more substantial meal the next time.

I went there last weekend. The path to the cafe was very nice, would have like to have continued it but my gf can only ride so much before getting pissed off.

The cafe was decent. Where i was sat i had a very nice breeze. The owner kept talking to us.

After that we went to the nearby martyrs shrine (youbiked) which was beautiful but packed. Then rode goshare up to the nearby hu tou shan viewing deck area. Very nice there, although it started raining so i had to ride back in the rain which was a bit mental. Then went to the new tonlin plaza shopping mall for some dinner. Taoyuan ain’t half bad!

1 Like