Renewing ARC based on marriage. Documents needed?

it wouldn’t be hard to fake one, but that’t be fraud and if they somehow caught you you’d be in shit.

I did wonder what would happen if you and your wife were in a rented house, but the house was in someone else’s name. Say you were sharing. Would you be able to just tell them that? If they’d accept it, then you’d just have to borrow the rent book of a friend living in Taipei and take that in as your address.

Brian

My turn to jump through this particular hoop. Married one year and headed for my first extension.

As I’m unfortunately (I used to think it was a plus) registered in Taipei County I have to gun it from my office over to f*cking Ban Qiao :imp: Of course the last time I did this they claimed I needed some shite that I had previously not, so I’m determined to make this a one trip no hassle deal (silly me).

Ok. The way I read it I need:

Documents. (Logically enough).

(1) Current ARC
(2) Passport with pages and time on it.
(3) Household registration (original) - Note I have a question about this. Does it have to have been printed off in the last three months ala when I first applied for a JFRV?
(4) NT$1,000 per year . . .

Are they really going to give me just one year?

If so what can I do to make their live’s as miserable as hell for making me take time to do all this crap every freaking year? I’m up for gaoing the bastards. (Mind you I’ll be as sweet as an angel - UNTIL - things get pear shaped!)

Any advice/help gratefully appreciated.

HG

Edit:

Went through here: http://forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=8247&highlight=jfrv Shit of a task, but perhaps a merge?
Is Hartzell’s advice re- not getting three year’s still valid? How much of a mind fuck is this? I’m an incredibly busy sucker and I could really not do with a shit load of crapppery. Cheers.

First you should offer to pay for three years. If they do not accept it, ask why.

You could file an administrative appeal . . . . but it would be good to have some evidence backing up your claim that they are denying you the three year ARC . . . . . such as first sending them a formal letter saying that you want to renew and want a three year ARC, etc., etc. is there any problem??? . . . . . . . then you have that formal reply to back up your claim that you were denied, otherwise they will just say: "Oh . . . . he paid for one year, so of course we gave him one year . . . . . "

You need the actual household registration book (not printout), or a printout within the last 3 months (it is 3 months for document expiry isn’t it?).

Brian

Thanks Richard and Bri.

Onto it. Best get in early. I’ll knock up a letter tonight which I’ll photocopy along with all the other red herrings.

Many thanks.

HG

I just renewed my ARC along with my daughters a couple of weeks ago…three years, no questions asked. (Taoyuan)

Health Check? Not needed.

Documents required? Household registration, marriage certificate, passports, existing ARC’s…Don’t forget your wallet!

Mr. He, since you will be dealing with the same cop shop, don’t get your feather’s ruffled…You cop an attitude with them and they will stomp you!

As for bringing the wife…I don’t. To sum up her attitude about the whole thing; “Hey, do I look American to you? Go take care of it”

I’ve never been in there for more than ten minutes in the last 12 years I’ve been married! Cop shop blues? Never had a problem!

As I sugested elsewhere, there’s a bit of a cross thread happening on this issue.

Here’s a link to a long rave on how I managed to get three years out of Banqiao. I hope it will be of assistance to someone else.

http://forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=8247&start=45

Thanks to Hartzell, Bu Lai and all others that contributed their experience and advice. Nothing like being armed with knowledge.

HG

Huang Guang Chen, thanks for sharing your experience. I head over to Banqiao tomorrow to renew mine and hope that it goes as well as yours did. Might use your name actually :wink:, won’t be detrimental to my chances will it?

Amos.

No problems on using my name, but it might look funny on your ARC. :wink:

Stay cool and persist. By all means mention my name, which is in fact Huang Guang Cheng - the g got left out when I registered here. Strangely my household register and so on all have my Chinese name and that’s the name they kept referring to me as. As you know, I’m also an Aussie so you could just as easily say "well this Ausie mate of mine, yeah we got the same lawyer, got three years yesterday . . .

Really, there was absolutely no animosity. I think they were eager to avoid having what appears to be their local policy, exposed. While I’m glad I got what I wanted I also feel a bit dissapointed. If they’d have refused I would have gotten that document and gone the bastards. Bastards here being probably the head of that branch office.

Good luck.

HG

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]You need the actual household registration book (not printout), or a printout within the last 3 months (it is 3 months for document expiry isn’t it?).
[/quote]
I just got my ARC renewed - and the lady said that you need a printout of your household registration within the last 2 months. Of course, I had one which was just under 3 months …

However, in the spirt of Christmas (or was it my winning smile?), she did eventually accept my out of date document - and then gave me an extensions of more than 3 years (by a month and a bit), so I obviously got the right person :slight_smile:

I’m sure I’ve read elsewhere that the household registration printout lasts for 3 months, so I was very surprised when she told me it was 2 months. She checked with other people there and on her computer - and although she accepted my application she was quite clear that it was despite an old document.

Incidentally, this was in Taipei city - as others have mentioned you just need application form, passport, Household reg., ARC and $3000NTD

Good morning all,

My ARC (married with Taiwanese) is expiring 4/12 and i need to go to renew it. I wonder if there is a time frame in advance i can go to the Immigration Office so that they will not tell me “oh, you came so early / late”? Also, how long does it take to issue the new ARC?
Another tricky question. We have a household registration in Kaohsiung, however i mostly currently live in Taipei due to my work (i rent a house and i just checked that my ARC is actually stating my Taipei address…) so i need to got the immigration office in Taipei. Although my wife will join me for the application, do you think that i will face any problem with this issue of 2 locations? Any advice on how i should handle it?

Thanks in advance.

About two weeks … the paper that says you’re married and living with your wife at the same address, ‘hukou’ … passport, ARC … money. Copy all of them too, saves you the hassle doing it there. Perhaps they have an application form on the internet by now, look for it at NIA website.
It’s possible that some documents you don’t need anymore but just to be sure.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1 Like

Thanks Belgian Pie!

Has anyone done this recently and know the current list?

I did mine a year or two ago. I believe I needed my passport, photos, application, and my wife’s ID card. I took my marriage certificate, but they didn’t look at that.

Edit: Here’s the official list of documents needed

https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5475/5478/141465/141808/141970/

1 Like

Back in February I renewed mine.

Thanks guys